IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

6 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

oh btw, please...

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e13f82ae185c7122e92e455d803d9b06.jpg

Not quite sure what you're asking - you don't like the Football subforum? Don't visit it!

9 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Also, I am not charging you for being able to change your name (as you can clearly see) - my point in asking for a subscription in exchange for the ability to do so was to convince you to pay for a service you have used without charge since 2005 in the hopes that you'd give back a bit of what WATMM has given you, which is hopefully a positive thing. 

but i wasn't using it for free, i contributed a lot of my time and effort to make it what it is over the years. i also was here before 2005 and as i mentioned before donated a bit in 2010. your job is much simpler than mine, you just have to maintain a working forum (that you've failed to do at least 3 times in its history, loosing a lot of shit in the process), while i have to provide quality content. so maybe i should charge you for reading my posts?

anyway, thanks for giving me back my proper identity, lol.

9 hours ago, Gocab said:

Dear god no, leave that header up top

In case you're not aware, the header stays up when using the Tomorrow's Harvest theme ! Guess that will work as a temporary solution ?

Can't wait for the badger to pop up tho :aphexsign:

i imagine fine tuning the skins will take some time, but they def need fixing up. here's my 2 cents for now.. 

i do find the default WATMM skin to be a real pain on the eyes. the background is too bright, and then the text is all lightly colored blues. the width and pacing on everything seems kind of borked too, in a hard way to distinguish why kind of way...  the whole thing just isn't pleasant to look at imo. there's too much whites and light backgrounds for my preferences.. 

one good thing about the default skin compared to the Tomorrows Harvest theme is.. when looking at the list of threads, newly updated threads  are clearly distinguished with bolder text. 

Tomorrowws Harvest theme by comparision, the threads with new posts are near indistinguishable. there's an icon on left, but because the text isn't bold.. it makes finding New #Content more of a chore than it needs to be. 

Tomorrows Harvest almost seems better, but the images used as backgrounds has whites in them ... the whole varying colors of the background in general makes the text hard to read. Tomorrows Harvest theme is not ideal at all. 

Edited by bitchroast

also agreeing with previous posts that .. quoted posts timestamps seems to be in a dumb order. 

currently: 10 hours ago, Gocab said:

would be better : Gocab posted 10 hours ago,:

• Like 1

How *do* you get a negative reputation, btw. If you're boss, like papa, you could give yourself minus points, or something? And yekkers, how did he end up in the minus? WATMM is reversed universe. Access the LTM by achieving maximum negative reputation. I'm confused. Although I must say that I appreciate the ability to read-up on my own warning points history. Who gave them. When. And why. Actually kinda amusing. Only thing missing is a link to the thread or post which was the last drop in the bucket. If I can add one wish, it would be that. ;)

I *think* the rep came from a previous incarnation of WATMM (mid 00-ies) when there was a praise and smite button (think that's what they were dramatically called) - Seem to remember one user having a hacked -60,000 or something for the lols

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Joyrex said:

That might be due to the Recent Topics widget... the TH theme shouldn't put that much overhead on the page load...

I'm liking a lot of the choices you've made with the TH theme. Would love to see those in the classic theme as well! Do you see that on the horizon?

On 5/2/2019 at 12:06 AM, Joyrex said:

Sadly because Bandcamp doesn't support the oEmbed standard, it won't work with the standard embed method and will probably require a plugin. I haven't given up yet!

• Like 2

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but tagging folks with @ doesn't actually let me post the reply.. Happened twice so far. Something about content being restored pops up, hm!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chronical said:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but tagging folks with @ doesn't actually let me post the reply.. Happened twice so far. Something about content being restored pops up, hm!

I *think* it's a permissions thing that needs turning on by @Joyrex - Looks like only mods & admins can currently '@' one another....

8 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

I *think* it's a permissions thing that needs turning on by Joyrex- Looks like only mods & admins can currently '@' one another....

Yeah that's what Joyrex said, a groups permissions issue (I also still cannot @ tag people). The problem (as I just found out) also affects quoting.

Also, where is the +260 pixels? FFS

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

@Joyrex needs to whack this plugin into the WATMM machine - https://github.com/sherblot/ipb-bandcamp-bbcode

Then the user just copies the 'Wordpress' share link and it'll do it's magic

Ah, that's actually what we used here prior to the upgrade! We are on Invision 4.4.3, whereas before we were on Invision 3.4.9.

The trick here is Bandcamp doesn't (yet) support the oEmbed standard, which is how the forum automagically embeds media, etc. into posts.

There are paid (like monthly fees) services that act as facilitators if the site you can't embed doesn't support oEmbed, but I am not sure if it's worth the additional cost. I could consider having someone make an addon (anybody do PHP development for a living? You might be able to help WATMM and the Invision community by having your addon for sale in their marketplace and make some $$$ too).

2 minutes ago, oscillik said:

old school ref there

You think now that we've finally upgraded, that xltronic will rise from the dead?

33 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Ah, that's actually what we used here prior to the upgrade! We are on Invision 4.4.3, whereas before we were on Invision 3.4.9.

Ah apologies, so am guessing the 'v3.4+ requirement' of the plugin is limited to just v3.x builds and it'd properly break 4.x ?

2 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Ah apologies, so am guessing the 'v3.4+ requirement' of the plugin is limited to just v3.x builds and it'd properly break 4.x ?

You know, I'm not sure - let me take a look at that again, and see how it's implemented. There's no media embed management anymore, so I might not be able to apply that (as a matter of fact, the more I think about it that's probably the case).

I always wonder where to click on the notification to make it go to the last post. There are about 5 ways to go somewhere else from the notification displayed 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, o00o said:

I always wonder where to click on the notification to make it go to the last post. There are about 5 ways to go somewhere else from the notification displayed 

That was a problem in the old system, it seems to be fixed here for me with just one link appearing.