IGNORED

Recommend me your best free Transient Designer

TheBro

I just downloaded Bitter Sweet V3 by Flux. I think this is what I want to use to add some punch to drums that are a bit flat. I was actually inspired by Gwem's recent video. Let me know y'all what you think. Cheers.

Transient by Sleepytime DSP is old but still useful.

Auburn Sounds Couture has a free edition that I installed a year ago and have never once used. Supposed to be good.

Airwindows Point is very Airwindowsy but it can work really well on some material.

Smack attack is pretty good and worth $29. The ui for selecting/controlling the transient portion and the body portion of the sound is pretty nice. More control than some other plugs I’ve seen

Is there a transient shaper that allows you to actually draw/tweak the shape of the transient? In Neutron you can choose between three different shapes but would be cool to be able to slide between them or to use other, weirder shapes or even shapes that are slightly randomised at each trigger.

I know it's a bit off-topic but is there any really fancy/flamboyant transient/envelope shaper/designer, free or non-free, that allows for more tweaking than the standard ones? Or are there transient detection tools for Reaktor (preferably Blocks) so I can build my own tool with it? Guess I have to use a search engine and browse the internet on my own to find answers but might be that some folks already know more, so please tell

19 hours ago, dingformung said:

I know it's a bit off-topic but is there any really fancy/flamboyant transient/envelope shaper/designer, free or non-free, that allows for more tweaking than the standard ones?

I remember there was one in Buzz that could get well beyond just adding punch to drums. I can't remember what it was called, but it used to completely obliterate things on extreme settings. Not much help I know..

edit: actually it was ld transient lol. Still not much help if you don't use Buzz ? 

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 3:11 AM, dingformung said:

Is there a transient shaper that allows you to actually draw/tweak the shape of the transient? In Neutron you can choose between three different shapes but would be cool to be able to slide between them or to use other, weirder shapes or even shapes that are slightly randomised at each trigger.

I know it's a bit off-topic but is there any really fancy/flamboyant transient/envelope shaper/designer, free or non-free, that allows for more tweaking than the standard ones? Or are there transient detection tools for Reaktor (preferably Blocks) so I can build my own tool with it? Guess I have to use a search engine and browse the internet on my own to find answers but might be that some folks already know more, so please tell

Yeah, the volume envelope...

Elysia Nvelope ? Hardware sounds awesome, PA did a plugin (which means that it's discounted to 30 bucks 12345 times a year) : https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/elysia_nvelope.html

Not exactly a transient designer as much as a fantastic densifier / transient modifier : https://deviousmachines.com/boost/ This thing is stunning. I've never used it as advised, it's a marvelous mixing tool, I love it on drums and bass heavy content.

Anyway, if punchy drums is what you're looking for, use a compressor ? With long attacks it let the transient through, and gain reduction occurs on the decay. DMG Audio TrackComp 2 has 9 different, fantastic sounding models packed in a single plugin, and its DBX emu might be exactly what you're looking for.

Archived