IGNORED

Your personal favourite of your own tunes

picklish

it's cool to hear what you guys pick, it's interesting that artist's favourites usually differ from the public's.

On 2/7/2021 at 8:14 PM, ignatius said:

i'll play. this weird one is a mood i go back to now and then. 

https://ignatiusmusic.bandcamp.com/track/themono

always like revisiting this one. the drums and lazy progression i guess. 

what's the story on the artwork? it like it, looks like a fair amount of effort went into it.

my favourites are my latest two. they're also the only ones that aren't terribly recorded and mixed, so things might change when/if i finally get around to rerecording others.

Edited by QQQ
forgot links oopsie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, QQQ said:

it's cool to hear what you guys pick, it's interesting that artist's favourites usually differ from the public's.

what's the story on the artwork? it like it, looks like a fair amount of effort went into it.

i like listening to the tracks people pick too. i think it's interesting.. all the different styles and tones and approaches to composition/arranging. some moods here!

the artwork.. the year prior to this release i was diagnosed with meniere's disease which causes vertigo and other weird shit.  it was a long stressful road to that diagnosis. it took a while to figure it out and long story short life was no fun for quite a while leading up to and sometime after the diagnosis. 

anyway.. my friend Deon Stafflebach came up with the concept after some chats. he made a big paper machete model of the inner ear. we picked a day, got help from a couple friends. rented a helium tank and filled up balloons and took it all into the woods, attached the balloons to the inner ear model and had a photo shoot. it was fun and we got great looks from people on hikes. i have a hundred+ photos of the day. good times and a nice capper for me in a lot of ways. Deon is great at a lot of things and coming up with complex ideas that seem impossible then executing beyond expectations is his SOP as well as being a good designer. 

http://www.d30n.com

https://archive.org/details/171trx/in+the+season+of+illusions.mp3

i like it when the track just kind of comes together without any effort. did this laying in bed one moring in early summer 2017, took like 25 minutes on my netbook all told. sun was coming up in the parking lot outside my window. second floor, rented out what was supposed to be the laundry room in a large apartment for $275 a month. felt like my life wasn't going anywhere but also no longer felt like it had anywhere it was supposed to go

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chilling tracks, both Creep's and Dong's, enjoyed them highly!

Out of the last batch (previous are liquidated according to the protocol), i probably prefer the first one here -- couldn't do what i intended to do and then blindly applied the leftover FX parameters to the small side rhythm, basically just trash MIDI-cadabra for testing, and it kinda powered up:

• Like 5

@Freak of the weekI was listening to the album 94diskont. by Oval this morning, and this track kinda reminds me of that (but more FMy), in the sense you have what sounds like it might have initially been a simple tone that becomes texturally interesting via its implementation (loops being played on scratched up CDs in the case of Oval, I believe). I'm hearing...really fast arpeggios being modulated through a series of different synth settings, perhaps? It's at that interesting point where it begins to bleed over into pure sound, and becomes difficult to pin down in terms of technique or conventional music theory.

@Amen Larety! this first track is really cinematic imo. i like it when the low bass enters about a minute in. It has this thing going on (which I don't hear done successfully that often) where it moves all over the place structurally, but manages to maintain a sense of cohesion owing to a very distinct sonic palette. I also dig it personally because these are mostly all sounds I've used very rarely in my own music (I might eventually, tho!)

@dingformungI appreciate your commitment to pure textural ambiance here. I feel like most ambient tracks feel the need to eventually introduce, like, a pad or some subtle drums or something (or god forbid, panflute), which is often a bit of a letdown to me because I like listening to pure noise without musical elements sometimes. I mean like actual "noise" noise music is usually too aggressive as well, so a more chill noise track like this is a nice change of pace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amen Lare said:

Chilling tracks, both Creep's and Dong's, enjoyed them highly!

Out of the last batch (previous are liquidated according to the protocol), i probably prefer the first one here -- couldn't do what i intended to do and then blindly applied the leftover FX parameters to the small side rhythm, basically just trash MIDI-cadabra for testing, and it kinda powered up:

this reminds me of monolake.. but if monolake had the hiccups for 3 days and kept making music through the pain or something. that's a compliment btw. the crunchy donk fm thing is a nice punctuation.

Holy shit, I just found this on my Soundcloud page.

I don't remember anything about how I made this track but I'm fucking impressed as hell.  Good job, slightly younger drilly.

This may be my new favorite.  Almost makes me wanna get back into making electronic music.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 6:51 PM, perunamuusi said:

Heavily influenced by Glass, Reich, Butcher & Mitchell - among others, this was a deeply interpersonal reflection on the melancholia of April 15th by the Aphex Twins, reconstructed within the cold  confines of general midi, contrasted with the postmodern neo-brutalism of the early  Queen Vic scene. 

https://m.soundcloud.com/3rd-armpit/albert-14th

Thank you Richard.

• 4 months later...