IGNORED

Recommend some headphones to me, please.

NorthernFusion

if you're looking for a closed-back type phones then the best buy are definitely AudioTechnica ATH-M50 or the new model (same sound quality) ATH-M50x. the difference is that the newer model comes with a detachable cables (3 of them)

D3S_7762-1200.jpg

I'm listening, the latter pair especially!

Same here, except my budget is more like, say... $50? :/

I'll buy you some, if I have anything leftover.

Koss PortaPro

I'm not digging the design. Sorry. :cerious:

i have them (the non-x model) for a second yr now and i can't say ANYTHING bad about them. i needed a closed-back model so i could listen in a crowded places and imo nothing beats the ATH-50M. if i'd want an open-(or semiopen)back type then i'd go only with the Beyerdynamic DT-880 32 ohm as an alternative (in the nearest price range) but they're more than double the price of the AudioTechicas. buy the AudioTechnicas! u can't find better for the money, even if you spend an additional 100$ ....believe me!
look for a review of them on youtube. you can find some good ones. also, search for them on gearslutz.com.

i have them (the non-x model) for a second yr now and i can't say ANYTHING bad about them. i needed a closed-back model so i could listen in a crowded places and imo nothing beats the ATH-50M. if i'd want an open-(or semiopen)back type then i'd go only with the Beyerdynamic DT-880 32 ohm as an alternative (in the nearest price range) but they're more than double the price of the AudioTechicas. buy the AudioTechnicas! u can't find better for the money, even if you spend an additional 100$ ....believe me!

look for a review of them on youtube. you can find some good ones. also, search for them on gearslutz.com.

I had these:

71yAY4QEjJL._SL1500_.jpg

So, I was thinking about just picking up another pair, since it was my muck up, technically.

But, I'll definitely be checking out some videos for the M50xs, the detachable cables seem pretty ideal!

My only concern about them is the low impedance level, but then again, I doubt there will be much of a difference when I'm out and about.

yes, those are also a closed-back phones. great ones too. 250 ohm? do you have a phone amp? the audiotechnicas are 38 ohms so no need for an amp and imo, they're better in sound quality.

also, try to listen to them in a local store if you can.

yes, those are also a closed-back phones. great ones too. 250 ohm? do you have a phone amp? the audiotechnicas are 38 ohms so no need for an amp and imo, they're better in sound quality.

also, try to listen to them in a local store if you can.

Yeah, that's what I thought. When I originally bought the DT 770s, I was doing studio work, but now, not so much, so I doubt it really matters what I get with respect to the impedance level. Still a great pair of headphones regardless, though. I'll add the technicas to my shortlist, thanks!

the ath-50m are really one of the rare phones that don't suffer from lack of an amp. they're in the pro zone completely....c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y.

you can stick them directly to your laptop and have great results (assuming 'good enough' DA converter) but no worries what so ever if you plug them directly to your sound card.

the ath-50m are really one of the rare phones that don't suffer from lack of an amp. they're in the pro zone completely....c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y.

you can stick them directly to your laptop and have great results (assuming 'good enough' DA converter) but no worries what so ever if you plug them directly to your sound card.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Colour me intrigued! :emotawesomepm9::cisfor:

if you're looking for a closed-back type phones then the best buy are definitely AudioTechnica ATH-M50 or the new model (same sound quality) ATH-M50x. the difference is that the newer model comes with a detachable cables (3 of them)

D3S_7762-1200.jpg

I'm listening, the latter pair especially!

I'll buy you some, if I have anything leftover.

Koss PortaPro

I'm not digging the design. Sorry. :cerious:

The sennheiser px-100 ii's are a similar size, but not so ugly.

I *just* bought AIAIAI TMA-1x headphones yesterday. Not the most comfortable headphones I've used, but it's a small tradeoff for pretty wicked sound, and they're super lightweight and compact too.

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=966

tma-1%20x_b.jpg

Only one thing I can say in criticism about them is that they don't isolate very well. Not such a big problem though because I mostly wear headphones in a quiet workplace, and they don't leak much at all, so it's not too bad.

Koss PortaPro

This. The portapro's pack pretty killer sound, if you can get down with the design (i dig it). I use them for on-the-go pair, and have grado sr60's for home / stereo listening.

I *just* bought AIAIAI TMA-1x headphones yesterday. Not the most comfortable headphones I've used, but it's a small tradeoff for pretty wicked sound, and they're super lightweight and compact too.

tma-1%20x_b.jpg

Only one thing I can say in criticism about them is that they don't isolate very well. Not such a big problem though because I mostly wear headphones in a quiet workplace, and they don't leak much at all, so it's not too bad.

These are on Bleep, right? Is the isolation really that bad outdoors?

Koss PortaPro

This. The portapro's pack pretty killer sound, if you can get down with the design (i dig it). I use them for on-the-go pair, and have grado sr60's for home / stereo listening.

Ah, I was looking at grados as well. A friend recommended these:

61BCidmwZIL._SX385_.jpg

I've got a pair of Grados (Alessandro MS-1), they're really nice but I hardly ever use them. They leak like crazy!

tma-1%20x_b.jpg

It's not *too* bad, but it's not enough to listen to quiet music without distraction. Considering I usually listen to heavy music when walking to/from work, it doesn't really matter.

Save some more money; I haven't found any decent headphones under $50. Sennheiser canalphones are alright but they break easily.

Save some more money; I haven't found any decent headphones under $50. Sennheiser canalphones are alright but they break easily.

+1 Cheap Sennheisers are great value for money, but they're incredibly short term.

I've got a pair of Grados (Alessandro MS-1), they're really nice but I hardly ever use them. They leak like crazy!

tma-1%20x_b.jpg

It's not *too* bad, but it's not enough to listen to quiet music without distraction. Considering I usually listen to heavy music when walking to/from work, it doesn't really matter.

I'll check these out along with the ATs.

I've got the grado ps1000. Expensive but quite good.

Edit: I'm kidding, those are like $1700.

I've never heard the ATH-m50s but I've only heard good things about them.

Archived