IGNORED

Graffiti Artist Banksy Arrested In London, Identity Revealed

Muflontillah

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like what Dave Grohl said about writing a chorus to a song.

"Make it a bumper sticker"

Maybe that philosophy is why he makes such awful music.

i doubt that his top priority was to make an immortal art

pretty sure he thinks he does make that

i know you're pretty but how come you're so sure?

Even the like decision to like disengage from the political like zeitgeist is an inherently political decision. And so you know all art is like political.

- David Foster Wallace

It's like what Dave Grohl said about writing a chorus to a song.

"Make it a bumper sticker"

Maybe that philosophy is why he makes such awful music.

i doubt that his top priority was to make an immortal art

pretty sure he thinks he does make that

i know you're pretty but how come you're so sure?

i'm a cranky dork on the internet, they are always sure

and pretty :catrecline:

When you got blokes strapping go-pros to their head and broadcasting a shooting it makes that Disney crash paparazzi piece look bloody quaint.

Political art shouldn't be a bumper sticker, bumper stickers are worthless.

MY KID IS AN AWNHORE STUDENT AND WILL GROW UP TO LICK THE GROUND OF CAPITALISM WITH LOW JOB SATISFACTION

The history of art begs to differ.

I can't think of a single piece of art I enjoy that has a political message. Maybe debatably Death In June, but that would be a stretch.

bumper stickers are worthless.

Just like political art.
Doesn't tell this guy about his dead kennedys thread.

What does that mean?

The history of art begs to differ.

I can't think of a single piece of art I enjoy that has a political message. Maybe debatably Death In June, but that would be a stretch.

bumper stickers are worthless.

Just like political art.
Doesn't tell this guy about his dead kennedys thread.

What does that mean?

dead kennedys is political art, mais non

The thing about Bansky is that any 12 year old with a somewhat developed fantasy could come up with similar shit that he does. It's really not that creative, just look at shit like this:

banksy-87-d02ede6d-03d9-4a4b-be45-bdfa26

He deserves credit for organizing some of his projects, because they demand a lot of organizing and planning. But that doesn't necessarily make him an great artist, just a great organizer. And he certainly know a thing or two about marketing and getting the attention of the masses, so the attention is certainly well-earned. But it's hardly groundbreaking or mindblowing.

And what's the message, the world is a shitty place some places, so you're not allowed to enjoy yourself? It's hardly political, just some overly politically correct self-serving handwashy bullshit.

"Fucking normies, going with their kids to Disneyland enjoying themselves, not even thinking about all the poor people like I do"

Look, the world is shitty place at the moment, lots of migrants in dire and awful situations - and it's genuinely awful. But this fucking pretentious project ain't changing that fact in any way whatsoever. Just a way for a bunch of people feeling better about themselves, just like people endlessly discussing political subjects on internet forums or people liking clickbait psuedo-charity bullshit on facebook.

But I bet he'll make a buttload of cash from this, so good on him. But don't pretend this is some huge political and world-changing statement though. That shit makes me cringe.

The problem with Banksy is that he's held to a too high a standard now. Back when it was some mysterious guy making mildly-clever above-average novelty stuff it was enjoyable. Sure, it was still as subtle as a kick to the balls, but still something that'd make me stop and stare if I was to randomly stumble upon it, and some of his stuff was aesthetically pleasant, even if the message was childish. But for some reason he blew up and he's been made to be something bigger than it was ever supposed to be and he's being held to a standard he was never supposed to reach.

edit: imo

- OK, I got an idea! The EU flag, only the blue background is the sea and the stars are drowned refugees.

-Gotcha!

978x.jpg

What is this even supposed to mean? Doesn't the EU allow too many immigrants already? Banksy tries way too hard to be edgy.

Archived