IGNORED

Graffiti Artist Banksy Arrested In London, Identity Revealed

Muflontillah

It seems to me that he's trying too hard to make shocking messages about our society, though, rather than expressing true emotions. Banksy's things always seem very superficial and impersonal to me. It's all surface-level art with no subtlety.

fair enough. i suppose this is where i can say we differ since i personally don't mind the superficial impersonality of his work. for me it works. i get it. when you say you rather he expressed true emotions, what if he didn't want to, or didn't see it necessary? don't you think that's like telling a musician what to play rather than just letting him play whatever and you see whether you like it?

sheatheman said in his expert opinion he knows banksy is a hack, and he could be right. but there is still something very elmyr de hory about that since you can't deny the man is successful.

btw: a lot of people earlier said they enjoyed 'exit through the gift shop'. i actually disliked that film a lot. now that, for me, didn't work at all.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like him to make art that isn't trying to be political or make people change things, but instead actually expresses personal feelings that he has as an individual. I like art that feels sincere, as if the artist is speaking directly to the person appreciating the art, but the very fact that Banksy feels the need to mask himself demonstrates that his art is very far from that.

i like your fascist attitude here.

I didn't say he has to do that. I was asked what I would prefer, and I gave an answer. It's just that I won't like anything about him unless he makes art that I can enjoy. And I also won't appreciate that I have to hear so much about him when I hate his art.

I didn't say he has to do that. I was asked what I would prefer, and I gave an answer. It's just that I won't like anything about him unless he makes art that I can enjoy. And I also won't appreciate that I have to hear so much about him when I hate his art.

Maybe one day if/when you realize that politics isn't "a waste of time"

(And that civilization doesn't just magically hold itself together)

You will see the value in political art

But until then...lol

It is rubbish though innit

Banksy?

I'm not a huge Banksy fan or anything

But I find all this Banksy hate really strange

I guess people must find his stuff preachy or pretentious or phony or something

I just see him as a random street artist

Who happened to get all this attention

If he was a local nobody then I think he wouldn't get all this hate

But until then...lol

Remember when I said that I'm not going to pay attention to your opinions? You're wasting your own time and energy. Civilization is just as pointless as politics, so stop acting like you're mentally superior or more aware of the world.

But until then...lol

Remember when I said that I'm not going to pay attention to your opinions? You're wasting your own time and energy. Civilization is just as pointless as politics, so stop acting like you're mentally superior or more aware of the world.

so edgy

you should list some other things that you're too cool to be bothered with

Yeah I love their albums but I've always found that gun-fist sign thing pretty cringeworthy

by the way what's up with this:

Rihanna is the new Tupac (in feminist form), and as much as I love rock, ain’t nobody do it like Pac! Ri-Ri rules in my book.

I don't know much about Rihanna nor Tupac and I know Killer Mike is a reasonable/knowledgeable guy, but this is a pretty odd statement

Alright, so have any of you seen the tumblr explosion over banksy lately? Not the typical "his art sucks" but the "he's a piece of shit white male" posts?

someone desperately needs to pull the plug on tumblr

https://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/comments/337ord/banksys_art_is_shit_because_white_male/

linking the original tumblr post:

http://claidilady.tumblr.com/post/100641650092/claidilady-as-an-art-historian-may-i-just-say

instead of banksy, the white guy who has been funded and coddled by the elite as

the darling of the circle-jerking art white male art world, TRY:

if there has ever been an appropriate time to kill yourself... now is the time.

Is this a joke? You would have to have some serious prejudice to so confidently assume someone's race and sex without knowing anything about their personality, especially when the person is likely multiple people.

p sure he is a white male, not that it matters. he's not fully automatic anonymous, only semi. he's been interviewed by journalists who have provided suggestions of what he looks like - almost sounded a bit chavvy from what I recall, definitely working class - unless of course they were making it up.

I respect the vibe of anonymous chavs. I think it wasn't until i realized Burial was full chav that i stopped myself and thought 'ok i don't feel hatred anymore'

So instead you felt a patronizing sense of pity. pheh. 'ohh, a chav, orr, glorr, most be horr.'

p sure he is a white male, not that it matters. he's not fully automatic anonymous, only semi. he's been interviewed by journalists who have provided suggestions of what he looks like - almost sounded a bit chavvy from what I recall, definitely working class - unless of course they were making it up.

Was one of those journalists from the Kaossed Blogspot?

Archived