IGNORED

T08+4

Boris de Vries

I love this track. Best out of the Syrobonkus set. Quite lush to hear RDJ just playing with rhythms and tones; not making a full blown tune, just having a 'workout' as he called it.

I overlooked this as just one of the bulk, but I definitely should've known better. I was listening to some old Unit Moebius mix and paused it for this and it made perfect sense in that context. It doesn't really go anywhere though (of course, if it's just a jam) but there are great ideas in here.

I overlooked this as just one of the bulk, but I definitely should've known better. I was listening to some old Unit Moebius mix and paused it for this and it made perfect sense in that context. It doesn't really go anywhere though (of course, if it's just a jam) but there are great ideas in here.

Yes, the last 1/3rd feels a bit rushed maybe? but the first 2/3rd of the track are super duper

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, the last 1/3rd feels a bit rushed maybe? but the first 2/3rd of the track are super duper

you don't really mean rushed by up 4:23 ? this the killer electro funk :braindance:

I like how this one is basically unreleased, which means that the tracks on the next album (the supposedly experimental one) will probably all be better than it, and this is a very awesome track to begin with. It reminds me a lot of the stuff he was doing on HAB. I don't know why. Just the gated samples I guess.

• 7 months later...

It's definitely possible to overlook this at first due to the sparse harmonic content, but it's becoming more and more intriguing through repeated listens. So it was mentioned in the Noyzelab Syrobonkers interview that it was a recent rhythmic workout, but does anyone have any further ideas on what is happening, or was intended here that makes it so stylistically distinct? Anyone getting any reptilian/serpentine or even crocodilian vibes from this?

white-snake-o.gif

[sc5]189430645[/sc5]

giphy.gif

Compare to (mortal 1)

Also primarily percussive with a very very similar 'laughing' delayed hit

Good point, there's a lot of character being coaxed out of delayed drum hits in both those tracks where you might otherwise expect a lead synth to fill the midrange.

Also, 18 elb 2 is an under-appreciated dump favourite for sinister animal characteristics and sneaky laughter sounds.

[sc5]203999981[/sc5]

15e5536b7eacec81f9413a410bcca44d.jpg

Archived