IGNORED

horror films to ruin the mind

tec

The guinea pig films are pretty fucked up, I wouldn't really recommend them though. The same goes for the men behind the sun.

Looks like it's the sort of thing you're after, so knock yourselves out.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was a video released by isis on the deep web (that's the audio only trailer) that was some kind of recruitment/propaganda video where they're basically killing an entire village + soldiers in the desert whilst constantly giving you some kind of "join us" message. that was pretty brutal. actually, it made me really question how these people can even attribute this to be just under islamic doctrine

another one was the bjork stalker video. this was the commercial (?) release that was heavily cut but for the longest time you could get the full 6 hours which included the suicide part (the director who edited that version removed to suicide to avoid trouble). not as terrible as the isis stuff but this one offers a kind of storyline you can albeit an insane one.

cannibal (2006)

german movie about the german cannibal who found his meal on the internet

could be considered a bit boring but i tought it was pretty sweet, the actors really give their best and the gore realism is beyond fucked up

would check it out on a lazy sunday

cannibal (2006)

german movie about the german cannibal who found his meal on the internet

could be considered a bit boring but i tought it was pretty sweet, the actors really give their best and the gore realism is beyond fucked up

would check it out on a lazy sunday

"This macabre drama is a reenactment of the true story of Armin Meiwes, who was convicted of killing and eating his voluntary victim, Bernd-Jürgen Brandes."

I'm guessing you're all over Cronenberg already and you've seen Scanners, The Brood, Videodrome, etc.

Dead Ringers is probably the most grim, bleak and unpleasant imo

I haven't seen that one yet. I will now.

Mouth of madness, in the

GOD YES I LOVE THIS MOVIE.. It's extra mind fuckey when you're drifting in and out of sleep while watching it. It's funny because it's actually kind of set to a cheesy tone, but in a Carpenter way.. slight humor/goofyness, but it's hard to tell whether that's intentional or not. Of course, Sam Neil can have that effect too. Actually the first time I saw it, I was in a dark place psychologically during an existential crisis in my life, and this movie penetrated me in a particularly maddening kind of way for quite a long time. But aside from it's creepyness, it's such a fun adventurous, noir-ish kind of horror that it's got many layers. Same with Carpenter's other one Prince of Darkness- same effect for me strangely.

I'm guessing you're all over Cronenberg already and you've seen Scanners, The Brood, Videodrome, etc.

Dead Ringers is probably the most grim, bleak and unpleasant imo

FUCK YES. I LOVE YOU GUYS. Dead Ringers is one of my all time fav movies. It is grim and bleak for sure.. If it weren't for the incredibly brilliant Jeremy Irons taking the lead and Cronenburg directing, it would probably be a borefest. This movie is like 90% Cronenberg and Irons.

angst (1983) is pretty good. not a constant modern gorefest, but some proper hard scenes and nice atmosphere. klaus shultze did the soundtrack. p cool i say.

was about to post that. very good choice. also known as schizophrenia. make sure to watch the shorter version, which is the version intended by the director.

Nekromantic

Der Todesking

With a lot of these they tend to be gore for the sake of it which I find really boring after awhile, they look proper cheap and corny too. Am I wrong?

The guinea pig films are pretty fucked up, I wouldn't really recommend them though. The same goes for the men behind the sun.

Looks like it's the sort of thing you're after, so knock yourselves out.

Nah but cheers anyway.

there was a video released by isis on the deep web (that's the audio only trailer) that was some kind of recruitment/propaganda video where they're basically killing an entire village + soldiers in the desert whilst constantly giving you some kind of "join us" message. that was pretty brutal. actually, it made me really question how these people can even attribute this to be just under islamic doctrine

another one was the bjork stalker video. this was the commercial (?) release that was heavily cut but for the longest time you could get the full 6 hours which included the suicide part (the director who edited that version removed to suicide to avoid trouble). not as terrible as the isis stuff but this one offers a kind of storyline you can albeit an insane one.

There is a line and both of these have catapulted over it.

Yup, Cronenberg is awesome, The Brood is a favourite.

'untold story' >

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103743/

no good quality trailer of it around.

http://letterboxd.com/brianharris/list/hk-filth-the-best-of-cat-iii-cinema/by/name/

also look for "red to kill", "run and kill", "doctor lamb" and other 90's HK oddities.

Ah yes, Doctor Lamb, I'll have a look at the others too, thank you.

are these too "normal"?..

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099763/

The Last Horror Movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319728

Man Bites Dog

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103905/

Nope, excellent choices but already seen them.

Horror is a punishing genre to be an obsessive fan about, there is so much out there and so little delivers. I appreciate all the input.

MV5BMTk3NjA3MzcyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDY3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3387648/

My girlfriend and I just watched this a few weeks ago on netflix, and I have to say it was pretty disturbing.. all psychological, which is my fav kind of horror.. but the imagery gets pretty disturbing too. that movie poster made me not wanna watch it for the longest time lol .. p.s. it's all first person camera (but not shakey, done well, like as if a documentary.. i dont typically like those kinds but this one delivered)

Storyline from imdb:

"What starts as a poignant medical documentary about Deborah Logan's descent into Alzheimer's disease and her daughter's struggles as caregiver degenerates into a maddening portrayal of dementia at its most frightening, as hair-raising events begin to plague the family and crew and an unspeakable malevolence threatens to tear the very fabric of sanity from them all."

Archived