IGNORED

The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy

Soloman Tump

The Day Is My Enemy, The Prodigy's 6th Studio Album will be released 30th March 2015.

1. The Day is My Enemy

2. Nasty

3. Rebel Radio

4. Ibiza feat. Sleaford Mods

5. Destroy

6. Wild Frontier

7. Rok-Weiler

8. Beyond the Deathray

9. Rhythm Bomb feat. Flux Pavilion

10. Roadblox

11. Get Your Fight On

12. Medicine

13. Invisible Sun

14. Wall Of Death

Liam H threatened to kick the ass out of the EDM scene with this album.

"Invaders Must Die" was actually a pretty fun album in the end, and I hope this will be too. Being a loyal Prodigy fanboy since the 1990s, their music has always been of an interest to me.

The-Prodigy-The-Day-Is-My-Enemy-HOSPCD00

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder if the brutal hard hitting prodigy sound on this new lp is going to be in the form of modern filthy dubstep/complextro type shit or if theyll be using their good old classic cold shrill distorted breakbeat/techno/cyberpunk vibe.... or maybe both?? either way is welcomed by me, i love the prodigy :D

"Last year Liam Howlett promised that the group’s first studio record since 2009’s ‘Invaders Must Die’ would be “pure violent energy” and the antithesis of “all that DJ bollocks and tutorials on YouTube shit.”

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/the-prodigy-announce-new-album-title-release-date-track-listing

the trailer does not say anything about the music at all. I think they pretty much lost it with last album and people like noisia stepped in making basically the same type of sound but better (even so many tracks by noisia suck too)

The track titles are pretty lame. I lost interest after Fat of the Land tbh. Experience is their greatest album and one of the greatest electronic albums ever, but I am not expecting too much from this. I would be happy to be proved wrong.

I can't think of many acts that have disappointed me as much as The Prodigy. The first two albums were so good but ever since they have got worse and worse, I've always thought if Liam H put his mind to it he'd be able to do some amazing work but the last album was a man battling middle-age and choosing to play it safe.

IMO

I can't think of many acts that have disappointed me as much as The Prodigy. The first two albums were so good but ever since they have got worse and worse, I've always thought if Liam H put his mind to it he'd be able to do some amazing work but the last album was a man battling middle-age and choosing to play it safe.

IMO

Ive only heard Experience, Fat of The Land (used to own it in middle school- classic), and one of their mid 2000's releases (i think it had a single called Girls or something).. so i cant speak for all their recent output, but its funny cuz i got a cheesy vibe from that lp or at least what i heard of it... i didnt like that song per se, but i just heard Take Me To The Hospital from the album after that, and I loved it. It's definitely not classic Prodigy in terms of unforgettable timeless electronica, but that doesnt really matter much to me.. i actually almost sometimes prefer throwaway tracks if theyre fun and the attitude is right. and that's the thing ill always love about prodigy is the punk attitude / mashup gritty feel.. anytime im listening to prodigy, it's like im in a world of diy cyberpunk pirates and hackers trekking through urban decay and streets of chaos... riding in subways.. staying in the underground... living in the trenches (:

I wonder if he lost it by switching from sampling to playing everything himself. All the old hits where basically really good Plunderphonics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZImvdZ3EZI

some of the newer tracks might get repetitive and boring, but liam has always played every little fing, from day one.

respect.

the artwork looks really boring

Yeah that's what i thought. looks cheap

Dunno yet if that's the artwork, it's just something they shared on their Facebook feed. Could be anything they share a lot of crap on there

Guest bitroast

I wonder if he lost it by switching from sampling to playing everything himself. All the old hits where basically really good Plunderphonics:

some of the newer tracks might get repetitive and boring, but liam has always played every little fing, from day one.

respect.

what? :derp:

respect.

what? :derp:

yeah I was gonna say something about that haha

Guest bitroast

I haven't heard anything that really grabbed me since Girls, unfortunately.

I agree, Girls is a great track. largely sample based again, furthering o00o's point ??

Archived