IGNORED

Has afx ever dropped an autechre track in a set?

katmat

I always wonder why the ignore each other so much. Like no boc remix or ae remix by aphex but I guess why improve something you already like the way it is

yeah, exactly two times every other set before a full moon.

edit:

I always wonder why the ignore each other so much. Like no boc remix or ae remix by aphex but I guess why improve something you already like the way it is

didn't luke vibert kinda reply to this in an interview or something? I can't remember the exact words but it was something along the lines of "yeah, we all do music together when we meet, is just never released or that good".

iirc ae dropped something off RDJ Album @ATP. 4 or Cornish Acid

Ae played what seemed like an entire Analord series in one of their album marathons.

Found the tracklist, xltronic radio marathon 2006:

https://rexlt.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/3/

A couple of old Aphex & Polygon Window tracks there too

if i remember correctly he played a snippet of 'VLetrmx' once....don't remember what set

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2011

yup, was at that one.

ae crosses the lines aphex is afraid of as he might lose fans by doing that

although i also prefer ae to aphex, i don't think that's true at all. i'm pretty sure he's just making the music he wants to as always

i know it'd never happen but i'd love to hear aphex try to imitate autechre's style and vice versa, just for a track or something. obviously it'd be tricky cause they've both switched up their sound so much, but the thought of aphex attempting an exai era track would be great

Archived