IGNORED

CHATMM 16/LTR 02 Submissions Wanted

hello spiral

Hello! It's that time again.

The theme this time is Cloud Rap.

Wikipedia has this to say about Cloud Rap:

Cloud rap (also known as Trillwave) whose distinguishing features include ethereal, dreamlike beats (which often use wordless vocal samples, wherein singers harmonize or hold long notes, to produce a majestic effect) and abstracted, sometimes deliberately absurd, lyrics.

Whereas in chatmm: "so....... vaporwave + rap + dank memes = cloudrap?"

The term is believed to've come from cLOUDDEAD, though some people claim this is not the case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO04mjdel3U

We would hope that most submissions will have vocals. Instrumentals are of course welcome but hopefully they will be in the minority.

If you don't want to rap/sing and don't have anyone that will do it for you, improvise. Perhaps find some speech somewhere on a youtube video. Chop it in time and tune/autotune it with or against your track.

Deadline is March 25th

Some other noteable examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtwKrvkzmqw

Please feel free to share more.

GET CREATING!

I think this a very diverse selection of good and terrible tracks, and I'm having troubles finding the common denominator, other than some of them being somewhat ethereal.

lol, maybe I should've read the first post. I'm a moron.

I'll try to squeeze one out even if I'm rarely in Charmin if that's ok. I need some skilled rappers though, preferably a high profile crew.

And by Charmin I mean chatmm

liking this comp idea although sad that broadwayve wasn't considered :cry: . will defs have something to submit for it.

Ha ! Was planning on submitting a beat built around a Jesus Christ Superstar sample... Broadwave meets Cloudrap track in the works !

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping I actually manage to get something done for this one, I'd like to be a part of this but I've been really damn busy this semester, havent had time to sit and play with sounds much lately...

Archived