IGNORED

Coping with rejection.

SeparateHold

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, zero said:

thanks for pointing this out. if you're only 18, then chalk this up to one of those life experiences that you will ultimately forget about one day. I've been married almost 10 years and don't even remember what heartbreak feels like. hell, I'd like to feel something like this again. now I just sit around with the wife, think about when the next meal comes, and wonder how much wine I'm going to drink tonight.

I really wanna be married some day with a wife and 3 kids.... I think about it alot ahaha. Hope you're having a nice time with that man. It'd be nice to just skip past all this and end up on the other side.

4 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Youth is wasted on the young.

I wonder how much I'm gonna miss being young when I'm older. It seems pretty horrible in the moment, but I'm sure alot of this will end up being nostalgic in the long run. It's weird.

1 minute ago, Braintree said:

I'm honestly surprised that someone the age of 18 gives a fuck about an Aphex Twin forum.

The main reason I think this place is cool is because of the history. It's great to go back and read about these albums that are like rlly big now as they were coming out. Burials untrue had alot of doubters on here before it came out.

Also, I just kinda get sick of ppl my age at times. I use discord, twitter, etc. but all of them are around my age and sometimes I like how y'all talk about shit more. watmm is the shit, and even tho ppl like to trashtalk it on other sites I still like it.

For example, NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT FREESCHA!!! But I post about them here and everyones like "Oh yea we know about them, they're dope." You guys know your shit, more than I do and I respect it. Plus when something like this happens it's great to have more experienced ppl to get some advice from ahahaha.

I tink we will look back on this thread as the point in time when IDM was finally proven to be the new dad rock and beyond saving. We're now officially a forum of estranged dads, some of whom are so far gone on the spectrum that they shouldn't be trusted to dish out relationship advice, or any advice relating to human activity for that matter. 

Welcome to the family.

7 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

it this a serious post? I only know a few people who take acid regularly and I'd say they'd be better off instead taking it rarely

1.) I leave that open to interpretation.

2.) Rarely and regularly aren't not only not mutually exclusive but also relative.

5 hours ago, NewYorkNowhere said:

I really wanna be married some day with a wife and 3 kids.... I think about it alot ahaha. 

Wait what!? Really? Then I'm sure you'll be a great dad one day... But I mean, you're 18 mang! ... Youth is 100% wasted on the young... but know that youth is also very enviable. 

Trust me having a wife or partner and kids is fucking tough! I don't  care what anyone says - you can try and make time for yourself, a couple hours here and there, but man! Your life is pretty much over - I can't wait for my daughters to grow up and move out!

Having said that though, it's a beautiful life also, and you'll never know a love like that for your children untill you have them - it's fucking amazing (there's the birth which dude... just wait! and there's also the nappy changing, and bottle feeding... ohh and poo! Poo everywhere man!)

I mean I'd literally die for my girls - not a second thought. But for the love of God, do you first buddy - I know it's a cliché and so is to fuck as much as possible... Trust me though they're clichés for a reason!

6 hours ago, NewYorkNowhere said:

I wonder how much I'm gonna miss being young when I'm older. It seems pretty horrible in the moment, but I'm sure alot of this will end up being nostalgic in the long run. It's weird.

I feel like you only look back nostalgically on old times because you're looking at it through the lens of your own living through it, so you tend to downplay the negatives because you already successfully navigated the challenge.

You sound a lot like I was, I was always super serious about stuff and relationships when I was that age and as a result I didn't have nearly as much fun as others my age.

Dude, you're young, give into your instincts and just have fun while you can because life does suck the more you get older.  Sure there are positives, but all in all more responsibility makes life less fun.  Don't miss out or you'll be one of those old dudes always trying to relive his youth and that's not good for anyone.

Is getting married at an early age some Gen Z thing? Because most of my friends and other Gen X'ers I know wouldn't even think about getting married before their 30s, but now the few Gen Z people I know are planning huge weddings at their early twenties for some reason.

3 hours ago, randomsummer said:

You sound a lot like I was, I was always super serious about stuff and relationships when I was that age and as a result I didn't have nearly as much fun as others my age.

It's hard not to be serious in todays climate where everything is so divided and political and every move you make has to be calculated or someone will yell at you I think. Pre-pandemic when I wanted to have out with some buddies they were like "yea you wanna come with us to this protest we're doing?" And I was like damn man we're still in highschool i just wanted to play minecraft or somethn ahahhaha. But yea alot of you here are giving me good ways to deal with this shitty stuff in the moment and also good advice for life in general.

3 hours ago, sine nomine said:

Wait what!? Really?

To be fair my mom was the exact same way ahaha she just always thought about having a kid. Only difference is that she was also going out to raves every night and wasn't stuck at home with a fuckn pandemic!

2 hours ago, zkom said:

Is getting married at an early age some Gen Z thing?

Maybe idk. I know alot more girls my age that also like to talk about this stuff than boys. Whenever relationships are brought up with my male friends they just talk about sex n shit ahahaha. It wouldn't surprise me though. We've grown up in a pretty dismal time to be a kid I'd say. Social media and shit seems like a positive but it makes alot of things alot worse. Plus all this shit with politics and shit and buying a house seems like it's gonna be impossible in a few years and shit....Idk man it feels like just getting married earlier than most ppl would sounds pretty nice.

2 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

this thread is making me depressed 

That's my gift to watmm y'all gotta feel as bad as I do ahahaha. Jk.

This post is way to long lol

11 hours ago, Braintree said:

I'm honestly surprised that someone the age of 18 gives a fuck about an Aphex Twin forum.

agreed, the electronic music community is doing a horrible job at appealing to the teen crowd. maybe that's what warp were thinking when they signed all those Jackson and his computer band type acts - appeal to 15-18yr olds. draw them in unsuspectingly, then indoctrinate them into the cult of the Scottish brothers.

19 minutes ago, KovalainenFanBoy said:

time to turn this thread to the more watmm-appropiate thread of how to deal with rejection from music labels

How to deal with the erection from tonight's Autechre broadcast?

Archived