IGNORED

Coping with rejection.

SeparateHold

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in personal relationships? Unhealthy bitterness manifested into motivation... running has been my favorite outlet lately. Eventually you get over it and you’re healthier. 

Not an out-&-out solution per se, but I recommend the 1996 comedy Swingers starring up-and-comers Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn.  The whole movie is about coping with rejection, also is pretty damn funny and within reason has aged well.  As corny as it sounds there are some bits of wisdom packed in there about dealing which are spot on. 

Work on art of some form.  It can either be driven in some way by that rejection, or a total escape from it.  Then at the end of it, you can feel satisfied that you have created something that wouldn't exist were it not for that rejection.  Of course... only do this if you tend to like the things you create.  Pizza also works pretty good as a temporary solution.  I've never been depressed while eating pizza.

*or ONLY eat pizza after experiencing rejection. Eventually you will grow to crave rejection because it results in more pizza.

it can be challenging. people are sometimes very complex and leave w/o explanation. fully ghosting you. i agree it's best to learn what there is to learn. maybe consider it for a brief time then move on. there's no explaining really. 

Take chances. Get rejected more often. It hurts less eventually.

On a deeper level, prepare yourself to have no expectations. If you don't care about the outcome then a rejection won't hurt you. Hope for the best but expect nothing.

Ultimately you will realize that whatever you saw in this person is just a temporary illusion you created your own mind. Just be kind to yourself, do things that you love and that make you happy and satisfied. Depending emotionally on others for happiness is generally a losing game. Investing in your own emotional and physical well-being pays off, often much more quickly than you'd expect. Just do you. By the way this is advice I should take, myself.

@NewYorkNowhere

Here my friend... Might not be to your taste - if you're feeling it then play it with the wind flowing through your hair! 

And remember @Braintree's advice because it's a really good one - and to add to that... Never forget your worth - because, in that lies the foundation to leave this moment in the past which is where it belongs so just keep on truckin'

2 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

you lucked out.  rejection is way better than wasting years of your life on some idiot who's wasting your time

Wouldn't that make you the idiot for letting that happen? 

2 minutes ago, sine nomine said:

Wouldn't that make you the idiot for letting that happen? 

possibly.  it depends on how the time was wasted.  if they date you while cheating or something for years and hide it its not really your fault.

32 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

possibly.  it depends on how the time was wasted.  if they date you while cheating or something for years and hide it its not really your fault.

Cheating is not only idiotic but also very spineless imo

Spoiler

IF you get caught :emotawesomepm9:

Archived