IGNORED

Yemen's "Well of Hell" - What Lies at the Bottom?

Joyrex

lol. i'll wait for the ancient aliens crew to figure this one out. surely it's not just a hole in the ground but has some disturbance to prevent drones from flying it. ?

i think it looks pretty fascinating as geological thing and if it was in a different country i'm sure someone would go repel into it or go spelunking or something.. 

anyway... seems not as ominous as the 'door to hell' but what do i know.  ps the music for this is not nearly as suitable or uh.. good as the nice tunes in the OP video. 

If the drone isn't working... you don't need anything hi-tech.  Fishing rod with a micro camera on the end of the line?  Tripod with a cantilever that you can just lower it down?

It seems that half of the problem with documenting this place is that most of the locals are sh*t scared of it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that all the info on internet seems to be a few days old. But you can see it in the Google Maps at least https://goo.gl/maps/uytoHBKAVyoGYhuh9

Google Maps also has photos going back to 2019

4 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

It seems that half of the problem with documenting this place is that most of the locals are sh*t scared of it

There's also the Yemeni civil war and the world's worst humanitarian crisis going on since 2014..

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 2

8 minutes ago, zkom said:

There's also the Yemeni civil war and the world's worst humanitarian crisis going on since 2014..

you'd think they could get it together for a minute so the internet can have answers. [sarcasm]

• Haha 1

This thing has been known long enough to be in the Quran and nobody has thought of shining a flashlight in it.  Yet we have a wildlife documentary series made by people who filmed while being chased by bandits and scientists have been exploring (on top of and underneath) Antarctica and the Mariana Trench for decades, and we have even explored Mars multiple times (and Venus).  What the fuck, humanity?

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

8 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

There is also a 9" BOC record with 10 seconds of Magnus and Martin speaking backwards with huge reverb. I heard it was recorded and pressed from the bottom of the well. 

So you could say the well is indeed a... Hell Interface? :dadjoke:

• Like 2