IGNORED

Watmm proof music?

Berk

8 hours ago, thumbass said:

More poppy shit, hiphop and jazz. I know there are threads for them but I don't really see myself discussing any of em with you guys tbh. Sometimes yall can be a little pretentious. It's not necessarily a bad thing cause I enjoy this forum very much still but I mostly stick to sharing electronics on here.

There are dedicated hip hop and jazz threads in the music forum. 
i unironically love the new Taylor Swift album. 
You should share! Without variety this place will stagnate. I like to think most people here are at least open to trying new shit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

There are dedicated hip hop and jazz threads in the music forum. 
i unironically love the new Taylor Swift album. 
You should share! Without variety this place will stagnate. I like to think most people here are at least open to trying new shit.

I've put some stuff in those threads before but I'll share more in the future! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, X4creek said:

nice!!! whats your favorite tracks from it? :catrecline:

Probably Karma, Vigilante Shit, Anti-hero and then Sweet Nothing cause it’s pretty and I can play along with the piano easily lol

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 8:51 AM, thumbass said:

I agree with this 100%. I like sharing stuff with you guys and talking about it but some of the music I listen to is not meant for this forum.

On 11/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, thumbass said:

More poppy shit, hiphop and jazz. I know there are threads for them but I don't really see myself discussing any of em with you guys tbh. Sometimes yall can be a little pretentious. It's not necessarily a bad thing cause I enjoy this forum very much still but I mostly stick to sharing electronics on here.

This is a shame my good man. But I actually I agree with you. I post up some stuff on the Albums Recently Listened thread which I try to be not too watmm specific but it doesn't have much traffic. I feel I could overcook that thread sometimes but in the process look like a madman gibbering to himself in a padded cell. Life is swings and roundabouts and generally the last few years I listen to less electronic music than I did a number of years ago. 

It was Warp that back in the day that violently pulled me into electronic music, but as their golden days fade I find myself drifting back to the sounds of yore. 

Warp ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

yeah of course. my process is as follows:

1. check twitter and reddit to see if artist/band have been cancelled. essential first step. ain't no way i'm listening to music made by a wrong 'un.
2. check fantano's youtube channel for approval, or if nothing's found on the channel, search his entire tweet history. anything below a 7/10 probably isn't worth listening to.
3. if artist passes the fantano check, i'll look on watmm for approval. opinions can often be super mixed here, so it's best to tally up both positive and negative opinions and proceed if the end result is a 2:1 ratio or greater (in favour of said artist)
4. check norman records, bleep, juno, boomkat, etc to see if artists' work is generally in print and readily available. you think i'm gonna get into an artist if the vinyl is like golddust? you must be mistaking me for a FOOL.
5. actual enjoyment begins

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Brain 2