IGNORED

Houghton Festival 2024

Some total babes in this year's lineup

unnamed1.thumb.png.10a828b48ae896f68631b22dce824a36.pngunnamed2.thumb.png.dfcf32b16e5d3cc47947ea9074435b32.pngunnamed3.thumb.png.ccb3aa5532cf8e13ffc08900e1407df1.pngunnamed4.thumb.png.88c432c300b716106d05e8a4acdcc824.png

Off first skim, Rolando Simmons, James Shinra, Surgeon, John Tejada, Skee Mask, Actress, Barker, Legowelt.... This festival gets better every year. 

See you there 

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

The weekend is nearly upon me - anyone else from here going? Im buzzing. 

Yep, pretty excited! 

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

The weekend is nearly upon me - anyone else from here going? Im buzzing. 

Yep. Best festival, wouldn't miss it.

It was great, even better than last year for me. Rolando Simmons was the absolute highlight again, and we got 2 sets instead of 1 - a laid back set at 7PM at the new Armadillo stage and a banger at 10AM at Pinters. Can't express how good these were, it really showed his range. Hoping he'll share/release the sets and the unreleased tracks at some point.

For me the other highlights were LMB, Convexion, Surgeon, Morphology, Higher Intelligence Agency's Warehouse set, Voiron at the Armadillo, Anthony Rother, Actress & Mala.

I couldn't keep up with the 3AM uptempo sets by Skee Mask and Mark Broom. 

(Biggests letdown for me was Barker. I really love Utility, Debiasing, the BARKER EP's and his stuff with Andy Baumecker, but now it felt like his music had no soul - just some pretty sounds with no coherence.)

Getting tickets for next year when they become available - don't know any festival that comes close in terms of line-up.

• Like 3

Good to hear. That lineup is unique and in Norfolk of all place. Nor-folking way!

How does it work with the 24 hour stages? Do they have 24 hour bars? Good vibes? I read that the festival gets 120k people, is that true? 

19 hours ago, Echolalia said:

Good to hear. That lineup is unique and in Norfolk of all place. Nor-folking way!

How does it work with the 24 hour stages? Do they have 24 hour bars? Good vibes? I read that the festival gets 120k people, is that true? 

12k like perunamuusi said. The vibe is pretty good imho - depends on what you like. Never too crowded and you can always find plenty of space if you want to dance. The stages all have different closing hours and I think the bars follow that. Some food stands close, some stay open. 

Only one real 24hr stage, Terminus, which is outside the main festival site, has a queue and no timetable. Went there once and found only bad music and drugged out people, so it seemed more like a honeypot than an actual venue. Could be me 🙂

Missed the hessle audio artists for the second year in a row which was a bummer. I had a great time anyway. Did anyone else find the sound at the earthling stage a bit off? I went past and it was very echo-y. Met some lovely people and the staff is great. 

• Like 2

Man, the real news is the Rolando release related to this event! I don't see a thread in New Releases so I'm gonna head over there

Posted (edited)

An amazing weekend, worth every penny. 

Top sets from Mala, Transcendence Orchestra, Sherelle, Craig Richards (obviously) and Rolando. 

Turned up at warehouse to catch Steffi and stay for Surgeon, only to find out his set had been moved forward and we had missed it. Was very sad about that. 

I saw the last 20 mins of Barkers set, I thought it was great. The last tune was one big trancey buildup without the drop. Lol. Sounded lush in that space though. We enjoyed wobbling around on the uneven wooden floors of the warehouse. Top sound in there!

Lovely art tour too. And so much other stuff. Chaos weekend. Beautiful. 

Also agreed the earthling was echo -y if you were outside the sound field. But in it, sound was great. 

Outburst ended up being our favourite stage overall. Simple uplighting of the trees and punchy sound system. Spent a load of time there 

Edited by Soloman Tump