IGNORED

SAW II turns 30

chenGOD

1 hour ago, purlieu said:

Also, what do we think are the chances of this being the start of a general deluxe reissue campaign, with ICBYD next year, RDJA in 2026, maybe CTD and Drukqs following, ended with a 7LP CCAI2 boxset in 2029?

Drukqs is the one I'm waiting for!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

If you spent over 150e which it sounds like you have customs will hit you

yeah, really, well thats too much, i see Bleep states, which is a joke potentially another 70 euro on the boxet, farcical stuff if this is accurate below

I live in the EU. Will I be charged by customs for a delivery? 

For orders under €150 shipping from the UK into the EU, customers should no longer be required to pay customs fees for packages.

For orders over €150, VAT and import duties will need to be paid at the point of delivery.

If you are charged any fees and your order is under €150, please email us with as much information as possible and we will help resolve this issue. 

• Like 1

i now see it states it on the Aphex shop for the boxset, UK and USA excluded from Customs only. This is poor form  to be honest and an insult to his/warp followers, i have been buying his and warps music since day dot

Edited by Empirix

20 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

You could all be spending that monies to support new artists that even afx plays on his gigs

As a doctor doing both is easily affordable for me.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1
  • Big Brain 2

21 minutes ago, Empirix said:

i now see it states it on the Aphex shop for the boxset, UK and USA excluded from Customs only. This is poor form  to be honest and an insult to his/warp followers, i have been buying his and warps music since day dot

It's seemingly 300usd for yanks to buy the boxset and 350e to buy it here, even though the euro is currently worth more than a dollar, its not making any sense to me. Its also marginally cheaper for me to buy it from Bandcamp than Bleep

I just purchased it with 1 more vinyl (friend) after the vinyls but now submitted a cancellation request. Most of my mates have the original pressing, as do I. I see the vinyls only in spindizzy records is 75 euro. its a bit mad

2 hours ago, Empirix said:

Most of my mates have the original pressing, as do I. 

Man. I’m jealous of anyone having real-life “mates” (plural) who are AFX fans. 

Spoiler

I have one friend that lives on the other side of the country who likes AFX but not enough to buy albums or chat about his music. I have another friend that lives 2 hours away who likes some AFX and likes to talk about him but he’s more into the lore than the music, I think. He also tries to beat me to aphex news because he knows I like to jump on it, but it’s more of a game he plays. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, thumbass said:

October 4th though??? WTF

New Aphex Twin Day, working in tandem with Avril 14th.

04/10 <> 14/04

Next release 14/10

Wanna bet?

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

8 hours ago, brisk said:

I'd buy Rich's 350 quid wood if he promised it'd go missing in the post, and send me Analogue Bubblebath 5 a few months later instead.

Analogue Bubblebath 6 confirmed!

10 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Thinking about this now I'd love to try and get Warp to do high quality chrome cassette versions of all my Warp musics, maybe even metal ones if possible. If I wait a year or so for this I could include all the extras on the cassettes as there would be plenty of room,

well... chrome tape!  : )

(...including all the extras... not so much)   : /

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 1

This really is the lifecycle of music. I casually encode my deceased dad's empire of CDs when I get free time but a 1985-2018 span makes for a real Sisyphean job. Anyway, when I searched that folder on my computer one time, I noticed that there is like 7-12 instances of "Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin. Jefferson Airplane/Starship has a similar pattern. Well, I added it up and he was forking over for every remaster, new edition, boxed set, etc that got milked out. Here we are--in our 40s/50s like my dad was--and Rich is the new Robert and the gang. Time is a flat Aphex symbol.   

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 2
  • Big Brain 2

Yeah, when an album gets more than one expanded reissue, I get very cynical about it all. To be honest, the biggest draw here is it being back in print on vinyl. Couple of extra tracks is a nice bonus, but as I'm picking up my favourite records on LP these days it's nice to be able to get it at a fairly reasonable price rather than paying £200+ for a well worn second hand copy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oscillik said:

another Aphex Twin Day Cringe

:cisfor:  Cool post. Would read again. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, purlieu said:

the biggest draw here is it being back in print on vinyl stone in focus. 

:cisfor:  Fixed 

The original brown pressing is gorgeous but also one of the noisiest records I've ever listened to (and my copy was VG+). Hopefully this repress will be quieter. I'll also bolster above opinions that Red Calx slo should've been included!

Great to get all these at a higher bitrate at least. Maybe RDJ reencoded on the Nakamichi deck like he recently did for Didgeridoo.

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

Crossing fingers we get some bonus outtakes added to the album once it's released in the aphex shop, like we did with ICBYD.