“Soccer” for men:

Lord Stanley would be appalled by the UK’s fascination with all this crybaby kickball. UK did look the best it has in a century on the international level this year though.

19 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

ITV have Ali McCoishst. Swings & roundabouts.

McCaihsht was at least a good player though.  True though, he’s likely had a wee nip of the buckfast most of the time he’s on air.

On 6/17/2024 at 5:08 AM, chenGOD said:

England with the first of their 1-0 wins. Draw against the Danes and another 1-0 against Slovenia. 

you're on target and England are business as usual. England were lucky, Danes were much better.

I cashed out my bets, up 45p 

Edited by Scaramouche
  • Like 1

I can foresee how this ends for England, they win or draw next game playing daycent, whip somebody in the last 16 (start singing footballs coming home) and then lose on penalties in the 1/4s or semi to a good team, happens every 2 or 4 years

On 6/19/2024 at 2:58 PM, Hail Sagan said:

“Soccer” for men:

Lord Stanley would be appalled by the UK’s fascination with all this crybaby kickball. UK did look the best it has in a century on the international level this year though.

That was one of the most exciting hockey games I've seen in a long time.

• Like 1
On 6/20/2024 at 3:58 AM, Hail Sagan said:

“Soccer” for men:

lol Foegele got a 5 minute major and a game suspension for a hit in game 2 that would barely be a foul in soccer.  Really hoping my boys can pull off the comeback and add another Cup to the best city in Alberta. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

I can foresee how this ends for England, they win or draw next game playing daycent, whip somebody in the last 16 (start singing footballs coming home) and then lose on penalties in the 1/4s or semi to a good team, happens every 2 or 4 years

Ahem:

On 6/12/2024 at 10:00 AM, chenGOD said:

England will clear their group stage with two 1-0 wins and a 0-0 draw, will be hailed as champions by the english media, and then get knocked out in the QFs after winning on penalties in the RO16 match.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, EdamAnchorman said:

That was one of the most exciting hockey games I've seen in a long time.

I’m high as fuck off of playoff hockey after that game. What was at stake, McJesus moving through a group of defenders like a vapor cloud, Tkachuk’s heroics to keep the cats in the game, momentum shifts, etc. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, chenGOD said:

lol Foegele got a 5 minute major and a game suspension for a hit in game 2 that would barely be a foul in soccer.  Really hoping my boys can pull off the comeback and add another Cup to the best city in Alberta. 

I’m rooting for the Panthers since they’ve never won a cup and came back from the brink of collapse to vanquishing the (fuck) Boston Bruins 2 years in a row en route to another appearance in the finals. At this point though I gotta admit that the Oilers somehow pulling off the reverse sweep (hasn’t been done since the Leafs in the 40’s apparently) would be an even cooler story and cement McDavid as a hockey god. Panthers got this though. Just need Bob to calm down and get back in the zone.

On 6/19/2024 at 7:34 PM, cwmbrancity said:

ITV have Ali McCoishst. Swings & roundabouts.

Some self-deprecating joy in listening to Shearer doing a bit of the old “holding on in quiet desperation” as the match progressed 

• Haha 1

Looking forward to the Scotland match. And being English (though with Irish and Dutch ancestry and sporting an Irish surname) I hope they win! Even if I know they will cheer when we lose 😎

• Haha 1

Watched the Holland vs Austria match yesterday. Good choice. What a cracking game that was! Austria looked sharp as a razor, very impressive.

England got the job done. Though they aren't playing like super heroes I'm a bit mystified at the torrent of negativity they are receiving from almost everyone. They aren't coming home are they? Getting tired of Slag Off England Shearer, who needs to fuck off imo. He's never got my goat before. 

Watching Belgium vs Ukraine now.

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

England got the job done.

Mate, they won one match, drew two, scoring two goals, while playing the Bundesliga top goal scorer and UEFA Golden Shoe winner, the 2023 Golden Boy winner and 23-24 La Liga player of the year, the premier league player of the year, and multiple champions league winners, and this is how Southgate has them playing??

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Mate, they won one match, drew two, scoring two goals, while playing the Bundesliga top goal scorer and UEFA Golden Shoe winner, the 2023 Golden Boy winner and 23-24 La Liga player of the year, the premier league player of the year, and multiple champions league winners, and this is how Southgate has them playing??

I can't disagree with that! 👍

To be fair I'm far from a football expert and should let the others do the talking 🙂

Edited by beerwolf