IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

I like, as much as possible, to have dedicated controllers for a function... I don't like having to switch around... I hate menu surfing.

I couldn't agree more. The latest (OK, now second latest) addition to my studio:

studio-2011-08-09.jpg

I like, as much as possible, to have dedicated controllers for a function... I don't like having to switch around... I hate menu surfing.

I couldn't agree more. The latest (OK, now second latest) addition to my studio:

studio-2011-08-09.jpg

Aw bless that's a very sweet little set up.

holy shit that looks just like our cat!

anyhows I'm finally starting to get my shit back together, almost finished

6145834100_388e03a1d8.jpg

:ohmy: nice set up!!!

^^Nice! what patch editor do you use with the matrix 1000? that synth drives me crazy with the buggy patch editors it almost seems not worth it :(

@new place, nothing fancy but it has everything I need.. I'm getting a harddisk for the sampler this week, the one that I have now makes more noise then my computer.

Nice little set up mate - its good to see folks still using samplers. I got an Akai S2000 but still haven't managed to integrate into my set up tho! :(

thanks man, yeah I like it a lot, it's a drag to fill it up with samples.. a choice between floppies, midi transfer or baking ISO 9660 discs (that's 8.3 filenames).. but once it's on the harddrive I can do some really cool stuff with it. and it's doubling as an aux effect as well.. works solid, and the reverb/n delays are nice.

@new place, nothing fancy but it has everything I need.. I'm getting a harddisk for the sampler this week, the one that I have now makes more noise then my computer.

why so many wires/big mixer? what do you have plugged into that thing?

thanks man, yeah I like it a lot, it's a drag to fill it up with samples.. a choice between floppies, midi transfer or baking ISO 9660 discs (that's 8.3 filenames).. but once it's on the harddrive I can do some really cool stuff with it. and it's doubling as an aux effect as well.. works solid, and the reverb/n delays are nice.

Yeah the problem with my sampler is I don't really have any means of getting samples on it. I do have an old SCSI cd drive and I burnt a few ISOs onto it but the S2000 just wouldn't read em. I'm really looking for SCSI zip drive at a cheap price if I can find one. I just hate having kit that I just don't use.

why so many wires/big mixer? what do you have plugged into that thing?

the A5k has 10 outs and 2 ins, the microQ 6 outs, 2 ins.. and my soundcard has 4 outs / 4 ins.. and I got them all hooked up :crazy:

the mixer has sweepable parametric EQ's, and it distorts very nicely when I'm overdriving the inputs. yeah happy with it.

Yeah the problem with my sampler is I don't really have any means of getting samples on it. I do have an old SCSI cd drive and I burnt a few ISOs onto it but the S2000 just wouldn't read em. I'm really looking for SCSI zip drive at a cheap price if I can find one. I just hate having kit that I just don't use.

you could try MIDI transfers, that's pretty much the slow standard that works. takes ages to upload stuff that way but it should just work.. just hook it up to your computer and try it with something like soundforge.

why don't you just straight sample into it? I assume it can record samples directly? You're bound to get some more interesting stuff that way anyways...

Yeah I can do that but I just need a means of storing the sounds. I don't currently have that save for floppy disks. I suppose I could go get a bunch of floppies. I might pick a few up next time I'm out of London.

This is where the magic happens these days. Excuse the shitty, shitty quality. My phone is running out of space, so it bumped me down to shit quality and I still haven't put a bulb that's worth a damn in my light.

11%2520-%25201.jpg