IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

4 hours ago, kausto said:

I built preenfm2 and sonic potions lxr kits before (like 8 yrs ago). These 500 series kits are not really hard to assemble though i had to buy more precise soldering iron.

in audio example all ON till 1:28 then gradually switched OFF (CP4500 -> 2xDYNX -> 2xEQ)

audio is Octatrack <- nord mm and ensoniq dp/2 as OT send/return

sounds great lovely hip hop feel

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2022 at 8:15 PM, ignatius said:

slimmed down in the last 2 years. modular became a new roof and some other stuff.. other extraneous bits went little by little. just these 2 bits of hardware synthesis left which is plenty. laptop stuff w/software of course. ipad and bunch of hard drives out of view

jxjZl3u.jpg

What is that thing on the right with all the coloured cables in it ?

32 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

What is that thing on the right with all the coloured cables in it ?

the cables hanging on the end of the desk? that's just a cable hanger for patch bay cables. or do you mean the mackie mixer? 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

the cables hanging on the end of the desk? that's just a cable hanger for patch bay cables. or do you mean the mackie mixer? 

the mixer, looks complicated.

7 minutes ago, Crazing said:

am i the only person who uses just a computer? most boring studio picture ever

Having something to show visually shouldn’t be the main goal in music production anyway, so don’t worry about that stuff 

24 minutes ago, xox said:

Having something to show visually shouldn’t be the main goal in music production anyway, so don’t worry about that stuff 

Mate even if I had the cash and bought a bunch of toys they would probably gather dust anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazing said:

am i the only person who uses just a computer? most boring studio picture ever

Laptop, headphones, and the smallest midi controller I can find.   Once upon a time I had enough gear to fill a 32 channel mixer, turned into a never ending time sink with no music ever being made.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

the mixer, looks complicated.

it's just a mixer. 16 channels. has 6 aux sends for routing FX. 4 bus, direct outs per channel so can be used as 16 channel strips if i like.. mostly it's used for monitoring/routing when recording.. often i patch directly from synths into the audio interface and the mixer is skipped. but sometimes it's good for routing to fx and stuff.. convenient. 

but mixers are pretty easy once you understand signal flow. the mackie 1604/1640i manual is actually really good at explaining mixers in general and has example set ups for different scenarios. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, exitonly said:

much love for the roland mc series. the 505 was my first synth ❤️

The mc 909 is really a beast. A 64 voice multitimbral rompler / wavetable synth / sampler (all in one engine) is nothing to sniff at.

39 minutes ago, Psychotronic said:

The mc 909 is really a beast. A 64 voice multitimbral rompler / wavetable synth / sampler (all in one engine) is nothing to sniff at.

yeah there is part of me that wants to go get one of the newer ones like the 909 and see what i could do with it….. have a Push 3 now though and kinda hard to justify another groovebox

9 hours ago, exitonly said:

yeah there is part of me that wants to go get one of the newer ones like the 909 and see what i could do with it….. have a Push 3 now though and kinda hard to justify another groovebox

Maybe, but...

Spoiler

Can those do 998 measures per pattern? Each measure has 16 steps. (Not counting in Ableton, i mean the stand alone hardware)

This old machine is definitely on another level.

Edited by Psychotronic

20 minutes ago, BCM said:

My current setup, slimmed it down a bit. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Almost a perfect speaker placement but you’ve got that white synth in the way :psyduck:

6 hours ago, Crazing said:

There really is just so much gear nowadays...so many options....sometimes I think a copy of renoise and a synth would be just fine

or just a cellphone with a few free apps

• Farnsworth 1

On 8/15/2024 at 4:44 PM, Crazing said:

There really is just so much gear nowadays...so many options....sometimes I think a copy of renoise and a synth would be just fine

If that's your gut feeling, then do exactly that. 

• 3 weeks later...