IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Trying to work but kids think tunes are shit.

man... all you need is a pc a midi controller a guitar and a quality audio interface. is your kid gonna go outside when he turns 10? for the love of god! the ozone!

f54ea59ec361b65a988399fe3cadd194.jpg

Just moved to a new place, only for three months, but currently my living room.

You've got the important stuff up in the living room. Good work, who cares about the rest :)

I like the look of the big knobby beast on the left. What is it?

Yeah that's the Verona DRM MkIII. It's pretty fucking great. The kick channel especially. Cuts through so much and lots of low end. Well they are all great to be honest, very versatile. One thing I'm starting to do is layer up the drum 1/2 or multi channel, record one pass, pan etc, then run it back with the same rhythm, pan opposite direction and vary the sound, record that, then do that a few times, group all the takes and run an effect on the bus, put the Ableton LFO on the pan on each channel too and you get some nice results.

But it's fucking brilliant.

Guest Chesney

Nice, sounds cool, good technique.

Not that drum machines don't sound great dry but, to sound individual you have to do stuff like this to make your stuff interesting. Hiding the sound of a very specific sounding piece of gear is kinda weird I guess but makes for a better chance of new ideas.

I have always wanted one myself.

I just really like textures to add some depth to a track. Same with the hi hat channel, if you turn the decay up enough and trigger often enough you basically just get a constant noise tone which is a nice starting point for fuckery.

Hopefully I can finish mixing a couple of ideas this weekend.

I knew I recognized the Vermona, I had briefly looked at it when I was researching drum machines (I went with a Rytm). Love the straightforward attitude of the interface and concept as a whole, definitely heard some good sounds from it. Sounds like you've got some interesting techniques for it as well :)

The pro-2 has huge bass balls. The eff you talkin' about? If anything I think the highs need to be rolled off on some things with that synth. The sub37 has more low-end character than the pro-2, but I would in no way say the pro-2 has crappy bass.

OK, I take it back, it has got good bass. It was an off the cuff remark I made when it wasnt working for me. I was going to sell it, but ive put some serious time into it and I wont sell it now. It is great, but its one of those synths that doesnt do subsonics like others of mine can do, I find it a bit lacking in that area.

BUT, its a total chameleon

Im actually glad I said that and had some kind of remorse after because its not an insta-gratifying synth like the modern moogs where they are hard to make sound bad. The Pro-2 can sound really bad sometimes. The digi oscs are in no way sweet spot oscs, but thats what presets are for huh

Edited by lala

Guest Chesney

They actually sound nice. Really simple. The filter is pretty good and the arp is really cool.

Hope you didn't spend too much? There are some people trying to drive these up lately.

They actually sound nice. Really simple. The filter is pretty good and the arp is really cool.

Hope you didn't spend too much? There are some people trying to drive these up lately.

yeah i've wanted one for years and you don't see them come up too often although i know they're not rare...maybe people just keep hold of them! got a lovely filter and amp section as you say and looking forward to seeing what the famous digital delay is capable of. i paid £300 which I think is pretty good as it's in almost mint condition...i've seen them go for a little less but not much and this one looks particularly nice :)