IGNORED

autechre remixes

not_vikur

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have 5 cdr fulls of ae remixes (most are ripped from cds) & yes its very good & the styles are quite different from ambient techno to abstract digital madness. another thing warp could release one day would be the autechre archives on dvd on 7 cd box set...

My favorites:

DJ Food - Sexy Bits (Autechre Remix)

East Flatbush Project - Tried By 12 (Autechre Remix)

Man Parrish - Boogie Down Bronx (Gescom Remix)

Merzbow - Ecobondage (Autechre Remix)

Nightmares On Wax - Sal Batardes (Autechre Remix)

Mark Broom - Angie revisited - Any number between 1&17(Autechre Alt mix)

fantastic tune imo

only ae rmx i have.

ok - but not great.

the Earth remix was heavy.

my favorite is probably the Boogie Down Bronx mix. I first heard the opening seconds I was disappointed that theyd destroyed the catchiness of it, but the track slowly morphs into its own funk. It feels like it could fit on Envane quite easily.

• 4 weeks later...
the remix that autechre did for skinny puppy is fucking horrible.

Heh... funny thing about that... I remember reaading they said something like the reason it's crap is cos the original source material is crap... cept they said it less up front.

Guest asjbfoo

the remix that autechre did for skinny puppy is fucking horrible.

Heh... funny thing about that... I remember reaading they said something like the reason it's crap is cos the original source material is crap... cept they said it less up front.

Pitchfork: It's at the opposite extreme from, say, your Skinny Puppy Remix.

Autechre: Well, it's the source material, what can I say? I mean, Skinny Puppy, don't get me wrong, they've done some good tracks, but when we got the source material we were like, what are we going to do with this? Those vocals...

Pitchfork: Did you do that in SoundEdit? I thought I heard the bender function being used there...

Autechre: Completely. The whole thing is SoundEdit. I've still got that on my computer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived