IGNORED

Aphex Twin Track in GTAIV Trailer

triachus

I tought the first trailer was really surprising. Seemed like a complete Koyaanisqatsi homage, Philip Glass music and all.

And it looks like they are meant to be clear references. Quite like that

I tought the first trailer was really surprising. Seemed like a complete Koyaanisqatsi homage, Philip Glass music and all.

there will be a philip glass track playing on the ingame radio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_soundtrack

best soundtrack ever?

fuck yeah!

Guest AOOproductions

there will be a philip glass track playing on the ingame radio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_soundtrack

best soundtrack ever?

fuck yeah!

holy shit, Z twig is actually gonna be in the game!!!! Not that I really care, but it's still kinda cool.

Guest HokusPoker

Yeah, they definitely seem to care about the music they use. Not because Aphex Twin is in it, but because of the widespread channels and tracks, which is very cool.

I think it's difficult to judge whether the track fits the trailer or not if you know the track. If I were regisseur of a movie, for example, it'd be incredibly hard for me to choose a track just for its sound and not for what I connect with it.

well when you do connect it with something and have that represented in the visuals, that's actually a good way to transfer your vision of it to the viewer. Having said that, i don't exactly share the vision of whoever put Z Twig over this trailer, but GTA always had good music choice indeed and I guess the track might even work in the game, driving around at night... and still for most of the players it will just be "that weird track I always change the channel when it comes on"

Guest Promo
doesn't really fit in with the theme.

pretty cool though.

I agree. Really really bad fit. A nice track totally in the wrong context. In fact I'm not sure a track such as that should even be contextualised.

z-twig (is that the real name of the track? all i ever saw was a picture in the sleeve) is in GTAIV, ive been playing it since last thursday. kind of reminds me of how they put that analord track in Test Drive: Unlimited, it's the one of the more *cough* "consumer-friendly" *cough* tracks

the one in TDU is pwsteal.ldpinch yes the most mainstream sounding track of course

and BTW, imo the SAWII track does fit cause it's on this radio station called "the journey" which is all space-ambient crap.

space ambient crap which i must admit i kind of like

Guest AOOproductions
the one in TDU is pwsteal.ldpinch yes the most mainstream sounding track of course

and BTW, imo the SAWII track does fit cause it's on this radio station called "the journey" which is all space-ambient crap.

space ambient crap which i must admit i kind of like

Sadly though that channel only has like 8 songs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest the televisor
That was pretty damn awesome, even if I don't particularly agree with the game's purpose and content...

why?

Archived