IGNORED

Autechre Live

MadnessR

Saw AE @ The Black Cat in DC this year...

FCKIN AMAZING

I saw Autechre there and I had the great honor of meeting Sean on the Untilted tour in Asheville, NC.... Their first and last show in the states on that tour...

I asked him, "Are you gonna release any of this material". To which he responded:"you can probably download a bootleg online, we have no plans to release this material as an album"...

I am happy with Glasgow, Scotland & Pontin's Holiday Park.......

& Live In Vancouver is probably my favorite AE to date......but......

Live In Los Angeles - 2008-04-04????

Live In Ontario, Canada - 04-12-08????

Is this the best we can do????

No soundboard recording?

What a shame to let us fans down with some shitty Quariaticeowebucsdfhsa crap....

all of the downloads have the same snare sound in all of the songs....

what a disappointment...The live stuff is 200 times more amazing.....

WTF?

Anyone else feel like they are keeping their best material off the market for some reason?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
I asked him, "Are you gonna release any of this material". To which he responded:"you can probably download a bootleg online, we have no plans to release this material as an album"

fucking lol

my guess is that they have realised that they make a lot more money from playing live than from releasing albums, so that's why they won't release a live album.

My anger is directly proportionate to yours. I think it is a tragedy and this lack of live release (whether it be on their own or a soundboard by a fan) paints them in a lesser light. I think about this almost daily. I know it sounds obsessive, but a proper live recording would seriously be the best thing since before Untilted.

I dont even listen to Queersauce anymore. I DO listen to the Glasgow soundboard several times a week. I couldnt even imagine how much I would play out a proper recording from this last tour.

They might have realized they could make more money off of touring, but if they keep releasing shit albums like Queersauce, that are noticeably inferior in every way to their live counterpart, I'll stop going to see them.

my guess is that they have realised that they make a lot more money from playing live than from releasing albums, so that's why they won't release a live album.

speaking of low cd sales, i was wondering if times might not become difficult for bands like boards of canada who never tours, release every 4 years ?i mean even dopplereffekt played many shows recently..

My anger is directly proportionate to yours. I think it is a tragedy and this lack of live release (whether it be on their own or a soundboard by a fan) paints them in a lesser light. I think about this almost daily. I know it sounds obsessive, but a proper live recording would seriously be the best thing since before Untilted.

you should listen to sunno))) instead of autechre, after each tours, they releases their live set on various material (bonus cd, live album). same with earth & boris.

Guest acridavid

you should listen to sunno))) instead of autechre, after each tours, they releases their live set on various material (bonus cd, live album). same with earth & boris.

I went to see Einsturzende Neubauten. You could buy the live recording of the show directly afterwards. 20 bucks.

I'd definetely pay 20 bucks for a recording of Autechre's last tour hmmm

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

I went to see Einsturzende Neubauten. You could buy the live recording of the show directly afterwards. 20 bucks.

I'd definetely pay 20 bucks for a recording of Autechre's last tour hmmm

Ae don't do that because they would milk it, they prefer releasing stuff like quadrange

speaking of low cd sales, i was wondering if times might not become difficult for bands like boards of canada who never tours, release every 4 years ?i mean even dopplereffekt played many shows recently..

Boards of Canda must get lots of royalties through TV programmes/advertising where their music is heavily used.

Guest maddestmax

i assume ae feel that their live shows should feel like music did before it could be conserved on vinyl, tape, cd, mp3 …

back in times when all the music you could get was played live. imagine the impact a orchestra had back then. it was the only place you could find a room designed for consuming music and the only time as many instruments were played at the same time. you didn't think about recording for it didn't exist. that is the way i think sean and rob treat live autechre.

i assume ae feel that their live shows should feel like music did before it could be conserved on vinyl, tape, cd, mp3 …

back in times when all the music you could get was played live. imagine the impact a orchestra had back then. it was the only place you could find a room designed for consuming music and the only time as many instruments were played at the same time. you didn't think about recording for it didn't exist. that is the way i think sean and rob treat live autechre.

lol, next century's music with last century's ideals

Guest Quoth

They should realise a Quaristice live album would probably sell that fucking well they could pay off their mortgage at once.

Guest Chogg

That would only be true if we assume that the availability of quality live recordings would discourage people from going to their shows, which in my opinion is not true.

In my opinion this is how it would work:

Step 1: Play a bunch of live shows; make a shitload of money on them

Step 2: Release material from live shows after they have happened; generate more income from this

Wouldn't that be win/win?

That would only be true if we assume that the availability of quality live recordings would discourage people from going to their shows, which in my opinion is not true.

In my opinion this is how it would work:

Step 1: Play a bunch of live shows; make a shitload of money on them

Step 2: Release material from live shows after they have happened; generate more income from this

Wouldn't that be win/win?

& then people may hear the live stuff that havent seen them before & think fuck that was good I best go see them live! even more win! It makes sense autechre just bring out the fuking live set lads, you know it makes sense! :)

Guest Enter a new display name

They already released Zurich 2001 and Mcr Quarter... I prefer their studio stuff, to be honest.

Guest Tankakern

Go away with your crap analogies.

Guest maddestmax

i'm so sorry.

i will send you the soundboard recording asap.

would you also enjoy anything else?

i have a sextape of rob sucking seans cock.

you want?

It's just that this is some of the most epic electronic music ever made....

I wish for MANKIND that it was preserved and could be enjoyed by my children's children...

WAH! :cry:

Guest maddestmax

i'm not saying i don't want a clean recording,

i was just saying why i think autechre deal with the matter the way they do.

i love the glasgow soundboard and the live in los angeles 2008 as well.

maybe when they have grown old and grey they will soften up and give the sweets to the kids.

Archived