IGNORED

So I finally got Peel Sessions yesterday

springymajig

I had heard Milk DX and Inhake 2 already, years ago. Of course I love Inhake 2, always have, still do.

But I hadn't heard Drane. And I'm glad I hadn't, it was a very, very pleasant surprise.

The bit... near the end... I'm not sure where, there's a little added bassline, like the deep strings at the end of Draun Quarter... when that kicked in... I felt something in my heart that I had not felt since I started listening to Autechre (like... 9 years ago I guess?). It was like a really special moment, the best way I can describe it is that I felt like I remembered why I listen to music at all.

No one makes music like this any more. Not even Autechre themselves. I don't know if I'll ever get that feeling again....

Whats the one with Bifill on? I think thats one of their more underated tracks...

BifiRoll1.jpg

Peel Session 2, Blifil, and I think you're right, I actually listened to it today and thought this track's pretty awesome, hadn't noticed it so much before. I own the CD, sadly I don't own Peel Session 1 since Inhake 2 is one of my favourite ae tracks evarrrr. As much as I like their new progressings, it's a pity they don't make stuff like this anymore.

The bit... near the end... I'm not sure where, there's a little added bassline, like the deep strings at the end of Draun Quarter... when that kicked in... I felt something in my heart that I had not felt since I started listening to Autechre (like... 9 years ago I guess?). It was like a really special moment, the best way I can describe it is that I felt like I remembered why I listen to music at all.

No one makes music like this any more. Not even Autechre themselves. I don't know if I'll ever get that feeling again....

I get this kind of feelings from Milk DX...probably the most "moaning" melodies i've heard

I get this kind of feelings from Milk DX...probably the most "moaning" melodies i've heard

I always thought the melody on Milk DX was Mike D (from the Beastie Boys) vocals with a crazy vocoder on them. Listen to the melody, the cadence is incredibly similar to Mike D's rapping style. Wouldn't be the first time the AE have plundered hip hop vocals for a track and it would also fit in with their track naming scheme.

Very interesting. Is there any Beastie Boys fan to find the original track? Anyway it's total genius...like some kind of abstracted, minimalised pop art

I always thought the melody on Milk DX was Mike D (from the Beastie Boys) vocals with a crazy vocoder on them. Listen to the melody, the cadence is incredibly similar to Mike D's rapping style. Wouldn't be the first time the AE have plundered hip hop vocals for a track and it would also fit in with their track naming scheme.

sounds like Milk D from Audio 2 to me

Theres a lot of cum splashed all over this thread with all the gushing thats gone on...the whole thread is actually like a pool of spunk, time to grab a mop and try and mop some of this cum up before someone slips and hurts themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
drane is my all time favourite Ae song since first aired

utterly seconded. has been this way since i first heard it in late 2001 or early '02. nothing has challenged it's rightful place as THE Ae track.

Springy -can't believe you've only just picked it up. shocking! ;-)

drane is my all time favourite Ae song since first aired

utterly seconded. has been this way since i first heard it in late 2001 or early '02. nothing has challenged it's rightful place as THE Ae track.

Springy -can't believe you've only just picked it up. shocking! ;-)

Hehe yeah I know... I just didn't think it was worth spending that much money on 3 tracks, but I have a decently paid job at the moment and it was pretty cheap on bleep so I thought I'd give it a go.

It's kinda bad in a way... whenever I hear something as good as Drane for the first time, it makes me kinda depressed about other music, because NOTHING else will do for me what that song will do. Drane has hit me in that way harder than anything else I've heard in the last few years.

Archived