IGNORED

The autechre forum is dead

thehauntingsoul

Guest theSun
i want more rob brown's basement dj sets

just wait for the novelty to wear off. those are OK, but any ae with real production puts that shit in the garbage.

the radio mix that popped up here is pretty good. i don't know if i'd consider it an additional LP release, but it's solid.

Xylin Room:

Stellar opener. Has some bad ass percussion, and the signature AE farting synth.

Tempo becomes a bit tough to follow though.

IV VV IV VV VIII:

One of the most interesting tracks they have ever done. What they do with tempo in this

track completely baffles me, especially when the tempo keeps resetting itself to different

grooves. Somehow it all feels very coherent and in time though.

61e.CR:

This track is basically what you get if you take tri repetae and run it through draft 7.30

Anyone who enjoyed tri rep should enjoy this track, the synth in the end is heavily borrowed

not sure which track off the top of my head though. The beat is tight as shit. You would

be insane to not like this track

Tapr:

I dont get all the hate for this track. This is probably the best ambient/unstructured

track they have ever done. Easily tops all the other similar tracks like bine, Fol3/4

etc. Also it serves as a tasty contrast to the following epic, superstructured track.

Surripere:

Easily in my top 5 best AE tracks ever. Begins with a slow droning beat with ambient

type soundscape. Couple minutes in it switches quickly over to a really clever constantly

evolving beat. The two synth tracks that slowly emerge over the next few minutes are

PERFECT, especially because the way its structured its like

"holy shit this can't get any better" and then BOOM they raise the bar again

Theme of Sudden Roundabout:

Signature flatulent synths return. Very creepy dark track, great beat and the other synth comes in

part way through to tie the sputtering track into full coherency.

VL AL 5:

Finishing off the spectacular curve starting with tapr, VL AL 5 brings the album back

into deep tweaked out ambience. Lots of reverb and heavy ass bass. Perfect intermission

before the final run on the album.

P.:ntil:

One of the more experimental tracks, lots of glitch here. The chords are flawless though.

I cant even begin toexpress how much I enjoy the mods on the chords. Percussion

is a tad annoying though.

V-Proc:

Somewhat more mainstream of a track, using legible snare drums. Not much synth going on

here and its kinda weak synth but the beat more than makes up for it.

Reniform Puls:

Best AE closer ever. There I said it. Starts out very subtle but powerful, the resonating

drums that come in are perfect. Nuff said.

To summarize, this album is stylistically consistent, and has a very nice flow to it.

I'm really interested to hear why some of you hate the album.

Guest JohnTqs
i hate Amber, it blows

so good to get that off my chest

I agree with the exception of montreal and silverside

maybe, maybe.

overall it blows

Theme of Sudden Roundabout:

Signature flatulent synths return. Very creepy dark track, great beat and the other synth comes in

part way through to tie the sputtering track into full coherency.

My all time favorite autechre track. Remember when you first made music, and you just made some layers, and made them come in one at a time. That is what this track is like, except awesome. The whole picture is slowly revealed to you.

Guest spraaaa

let's do an invasion of the discogs track id forum, there are like 300 left to figure out from the webcast.

come to think of it, invade is also a word.

Guest themutableone
thje forum is dead as autechre has achieved their ultimate goal of driving fans into a k-hole
Lol!

I may as well say now that i don't get why Tri Repetae is supposed to be their best album. Maybe it's because I never got into them when it was first released, but listening back, it actually seems to be one of their most boring releases, with the exception of about 3 tracks.

I've liked everything else they put out though - even Quaristice (though it's the worst out of a recent bunch of super lovely, experimental releases...actually possibly their worst apart from Tri Repetae.)

And their best album is probably Confield. Actually, imagine Confield + Untilted (their other best album), with its surprising sections, sudden shifts, and awesome percussiveness? That That'd be amazing. Confield's darkness and experimentalism with Untilted's bangin-ness. Or something

Actually their live sets are the best thing they've done. Better than everything above.

erm...

I may as well say now that i don't get why Tri Repetae is supposed to be their best album. Maybe it's because I never got into them when it was first released, but listening back, it actually seems to be one of their most boring releases, with the exception of about 3 tracks.

I've liked everything else they put out though - even Quaristice (though it's the worst out of a recent bunch of super lovely, experimental releases...actually possibly their worst apart from Tri Repetae.)

And their best album is probably Confield. Actually, imagine Confield + Untilted (their other best album), with its surprising sections, sudden shifts, and awesome percussiveness? That That'd be amazing. Confield's darkness and experimentalism with Untilted's bangin-ness. Or something

Actually their live sets are the best thing they've done. Better than everything above.

erm...

Agreed, Tri Repetae doesn't tend to blow my mind at all bar a few tracks. Probably Dael, Stud and C/Pach.

I realised about a year ago that i don't really have a favourite Autechre album. But there are some albums I'd sooner put on than others.

Don't get the hate for Amber though, definitely one of their best albums.

And yep, the live sets ARE the best thing they've ever done.....possibly the best thing anyone has ever done.

unfortunately it appears as though there is only so much pointless fanboy banter that can go on until we run out of shit to discuss.

-Latent Quarter FTW-

if you left it would get better x1000

Archived