IGNORED

Earvalve Is Moving To South Philadelphia On Saturday

autopilot

I feel like posting this here because EKT > General Banter.

I just got back from the city, where I signed a lease & paid first & last month's rent & security deposit. I get my copy of the key tomorrow and I'm moving in Saturday. I got a totally fucking sweet 2-story apartment above a deli in south Philly. My roommates are 2 lovely girls who like electronic music and marijuana. One of them you may be familiar with as she has been an on & off vocalist for my music. You can salivate over her picture here. My other roommate does not have any pictures online but you'll have to take my word that she is equally as hot. AND she listens to Plaid. PLAID IS THE FUCKING BUSINESS!

So, I'm all hyper & wired with excitement. I don't know who here's from Philly but maybe we should get drinks at a bar sometime and have awkward conversations about the internet and I won't really know what to say because I only usually read my own threads. Maybe we can talk about how awesome Fred McGriff & Mosca are.

sounds good mate i hope u are happy there, but....plaid suck. :whistling:

The proper grammar would be "Plaid sucks". And no, Plaid is the hot shit, and you are wrong.

...and thanks. :D

no it wouldn't because there's more than one member, unless you're actually talking about plaid, the fabric.

anyway, have fun in philly, and have a cheese steak for me. you can't really get a philly cheese steak done properly anywhere else in the world.

Guest ghost trance

What street do you live on? I live away at university but my family is from Philly. The record shops are decent, but I usually order everything online anyway. If you eat meat, go to Pat's Steaks. I buy clothing at Retrospect on South St. Fair prices.

For indie/experimental/hiphop/electronic concerts, go here: http://www.r5productions.com/shows.html

For jazz and other creative musics, go here: http://www.arsnovaworkshop.com/

Sweet, thanks for the links, dude. I LOVE Pat's Steaks. I'll be really close to there. I'm moving to 8th & Dickinson. I think I'm only a few blocks from South Street as well. I just got a tapestry for my wall tonight out of Elissa's basement.

Guest conTenT

Pats is overrated. Tourist cheesesteaks. Tony Luke's is good

Spaceboy on 7th and South is great record store. Not a whole lot of electronic but always got the new stuff.

Yeah man, I just moved out last summer .. Philly is a great town! I disagree with the whole Pat's/Tony's thing . . if you want something really delicious get a cheesesteak at Bridget Foy's on 2nd and South. Cheesesteak purists get all pissed off at this kind of thing because it's not all ground up and globby, but it has real strips of steak, real bread, and I think brie cheese.

Retrospect is also rather overpriced . . there's a great thrift shop on 7th and Bainbridge, just south of South St. The Salvation Army on 20th and Market is usually a great success.

As far as bars go, I don't know South Philly too well, but I'm sure there are great ones . . if you're in Center City try the Black Sheep at 17th and Locust - the bartenders rule and the food is great, just avoid the yuppies - or the Grace Tavern at 23rd and South (technically on Gray's Ferry), which has an awesome selection of beer (Belgian Sour Ale!) and food. My favorite is the Standard Tap all the way up at 2nd and Poplar - they don't have any bottled beer, just fresh local beer on tap, and the best god damn food in any bar ever.

Spaceboy does rule. Also try Repo Records (8th and South) and AKA Music (2nd and Market). The bookstore next to AKA is wonderful.

Grammatically speaking, it's correct to say 'Plaid sucks' because you're referring to the group. 'The members of Plaid suck' would be the alternative.

Good luck man and have fun :wub:

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!

I've been bussing tables at a place called Crescent City at 9th & South. I think yesterday was my last day there because I don't feel like going back any more. I met a guy while working there who's put out 10 electronic albums on a UK record label. I was going to check out his DJ show last night but I passed out.

I've been smoking alot of cigarettes & drinking alot of beer with my one roommate Joanna. She's really cute and awesome. My other roommate Elissa, the one who did vocals on Scare Tactics/Pretending to care, is a bitch. She whines 24/7 about anything & everything and I try to avoid her as much as possible.

I've been writing alot of music. Wavy House was produced entirely in Philadelphia, and now I'm working on some short EP's to put on 3" discs. 1 song written for that already.

I'm trying to eat healthy because I killed my body lately on coffee & cigarettes, so no whizzy cheesesteaks for a while. That brie steak sounds REALLY good.

As for bars, I left my apartment drunk on Sunday because both my roomies were PMS'ing at the same time, and wandered into a bar called "12 Steps Down". I met 4 new friends there, including a girl named Colleen (same name as a girl I used to have a thing with but we hate each other's guts now) who gave me a condom. It was definitely a good time. Joanna & I wandered into a random bar on South St. the other night, it was called "Cheers To You", and had literally 100's of beers. I tried Sam Adam's white ale and it was fucking delicious. I pounded two like they were glasses of water.

I also am a regular at a coffeeshop near my house. It's supposed to be a cafe but the 3 owners don't have their food liscenses yet so all they have is coffee & donuts. The good news is they got wireless intersurf so as of today I am reconnected with the rest of the world. We don't have internet or cable in our apartment so I don't really know what's happened outside of 9th or South St. in the last 3 months. Also, one of the coffeeshop owners sells weed, so I have a nice connection up here only 2 blocks from my house. W00t.

Joanna plays acoustic guitar, so hopefully at some point I can do some recording with her. I don't really want to work with Elissa anymore because she's downright intolerable half the time.

So yeah, hopefully I'll be promoting a whole bunch of my music in the city. I've already told a ton of people about Retropublik.com, which is my only internet home. From here on out I'm gonna just stick with them and have everything else be hard copy releases.

Take it easy, guys.

So that's how I'm doing.

Archived