IGNORED

i suddenly realised

Guest melotronic

Guest melotronic

so, autechre has always been something ive respected in a detached way and listened to two or three albums (incunabula, tri repetae) every now and then, nice for the mood but without really being into it in the same way as other stuff. but i want to like ae.

what do i do? any good album suggestions, songs or whatever to ease me into helpless and lasting reveration?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why would you WANT to be into something just for the sake of being into it? I don't get it. Maybe you weren't meant to be like so many of the fanbois on this board. that is prob a good thing.

Guest themutableone

Whatever you choose to listen to from Autechre just make sure its coming out of two big speakers. Loud. Don't even try listening through some dinky headphones. If you can't feel it physically and then no.

Guest Pilcat
If you haven't heard their later stuff go for LP5, then Untilted, then Draft, then Confield, then Quaristice (this one's a bit tricky)

i would say the same, only switch untilted and draft around (draft first)

Guest IRARI
Start with Incunabula or Amber.

Go chronologically.

End with Confield.

Don't forget Gescom.

if you're gonna do this i suggest looking up the gescom release dates and integrating them in with the autechre in order

here I go once again.

OP, I was in the same place as you. I liked a handful of their tracks, and the rest interested me alot but I did not particularly enjoy the musical quality.

You need to go chronologically so you can get used to the insanity slowly, kind of like getting into a hot tub or something like that. Also be careful what you post here because just about any autechre discussion is shrugged off as 'fanboi' talk in this forum, even though its a god damn autechre forum.

A good way to look at their music is that each track is kind of a puzzle. You will probably need to hear a vast majority of the tracks several times over before you get them. I find that once you have heard the whole track, the parts that originally seemed out of place/out of time/grating will make more sense in contrast to the whole. There is always a new aspect of a track to be discovered as they are richly detailed so if you dont like it at first, just listen a few more times and it will grow on you like you wouldn't believe.

Guest melotronic

sorry, i didn't realise that coming to an autechre subforum to ask for autechre recommendations was such a taboo. fuck's sake

big cheers to everyone with sincere suggestions though, will definitely give it a try - thehauntingsoul, sounds like you get where im coming from and why i want to appreciate what ae do a bit more, thanks *carefully downloads chronological autechre*

Weed optional.

not for me it's not. it's a given :wink:

sorry, i didn't realise that coming to an autechre subforum to ask for autechre recommendations was such a taboo. fuck's sake

big cheers to everyone with sincere suggestions though, will definitely give it a try - thehauntingsoul, sounds like you get where im coming from and why i want to appreciate what ae do a bit more, thanks *carefully downloads chronological autechre*

Weed optional.

not for me it's not. it's a given :wink:

thief

Guest theSun

earlier stuff is no doubt easier to comprehend and listen to if you are not used to them. it's also easy to see how they got to where they are when you listen chronologically.

Archived