IGNORED

"idm", "braindance", "glitch"

Guest KY

when will this shit end? rephlex, warp, netlabels, etc...it's like every single band has to sound like they recorded an album inside a glitch in the matrix. we get it. richard d james album was a great album. move on. and now i'm reading about some new genre called "glitch hop". wtf. please stop hopping on bandwagons.

IDM for life. Its the present and the future. :aphexsign:

Its all about Brain Dance, everything else is just moving waves oscillating in a medium.

Note: That ALERT comment was really funny.

IDM for life. Its the present and the future. :aphexsign:

Its all about Brain Dance, everything else is just moving waves oscillating in a medium.

Note: That ALERT comment was really funny.

You really did make that your username didn't you? It's not just me being tired?

Fucking hell.

What a shitty parody thread.

haha i don't blame you for that response. i got really annoyed at zaphod dismissing an entire genre/"trend" of music, and couldn't think of a way to respond directly.

why not respond in the thread? and i was dismissing it because a lot of it sucks, and because the few good bands in that genre aren't getting any press. and it's not like i actually listen to idm, so if this thread is like a "your genre of choice also sucks" then it failed.

well i was drunk and listening to this really overrated album by vivian girls when i made the thread, so it's not exactly eloquent. i was really just talking about the trend in indie/experimental/pitchfork endorsed whatever music toward sounding lo fi and aged for the sake of sounding lo fi. i can't be the only person on this board who feels this way. it's a cop out on the part of a lot of bands who cover up a lack of talent in noise, and then are giving better bands who have been doing the noise thing for a long time a bad name. it was a dumb "let me start some shit on the internet" thread, actually, and deserving of a parody, just not this one.

i pretty much agree with that. ever since all things "indie" became mainstream... but then again people have always been bemoaning the popularity of once unpopular bands and styles of music. its nothing new. once something enters the mainstream its only a matter of time before it dilutes itself and loses meaning

well i was drunk and listening to this really overrated album by vivian girls when i made the thread, so it's not exactly eloquent. i was really just talking about the trend in indie/experimental/pitchfork endorsed whatever music toward sounding lo fi and aged for the sake of sounding lo fi. i can't be the only person on this board who feels this way. it's a cop out on the part of a lot of bands who cover up a lack of talent in noise, and then are giving better bands who have been doing the noise thing for a long time a bad name. it was a dumb "let me start some shit on the internet" thread, actually, and deserving of a parody, just not this one.

interesting

okay okay okay, you don't like the influx of lo-fi garage rock and made your point in a less-than-colloquial manner, i took it the wrong way and made an unfunny parody thread. friends again? or at least well-respected associates?

when will this shit end? rephlex, warp, netlabels, etc...it's like every single band has to sound like they recorded an album inside a glitch in the matrix. we get it. richard d james album was a great album. move on. and now i'm reading about some new genre called "glitch hop". wtf. please stop hopping on bandwagons.

through hybridization comes new contrast, shape and color.

i understand your point now, the original thread was misleading. but as with absolutely every genre of music ever, there are bands/etc who are popular simply because of some gimmick rather than their actual music.

and as someone who is involved with several 'nu-gaze', experimental, post-rock and electronic projects, i like to at least have some interesting musical content in my songs! i just love 'cakey' production, hehe.

Archived