IGNORED

LOST - Season 6

Rubin Farr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway... there is two things "changed" on the flight. Desmond was sitting next to Jack (or was he for real?) and Shannon wasn't on the plane.

Desmond was the only character who travelled in time, involuntarily, before the island was "moved," so I guess that is why is there. You'll notice the coversation about turbulance Jack had with Rose was completely flipped around, and Hurley said he's lucky (more hints at alternate universe/time path I guess?). I dunno why Shannon wasn't on the plane.

Guest beatfanatic

Anyway... there is two things "changed" on the flight. Desmond was sitting next to Jack (or was he for real?) and Shannon wasn't on the plane.

Desmond was the only character who travelled in time, involuntarily, before the island was "moved," so I guess that is why is there. You'll notice the coversation about turbulance Jack had with Rose was completely flipped around, and Hurley said he's lucky (more hints at alternate universe/time path I guess?). I dunno why Shannon wasn't on the plane.

well if the plane never crashed, shouldnt the tail-enders like Ana Lucia, Eko etc should all be there as well??

edit - fuck, i didnt know there was another hour left in which case by above statement might not make sense.

Lostpedia FTW ;-)

In this timeline, it is 2004, flight 815 makes it to LAX, but things are not exactly the same as in the first timeline. For instance, Hurley now has good luck.

Alterations in this timeline include:

Shannon did not return to Los Angeles with Boone.

Locke tells Boone he went on the walkabout, though whether he went in his wheelchair or if he is lying is unclear.

Jack appeared nervous, rather than Rose.

Cindy gave Jack one bottle of alcohol, instead of two.

Hurley declared he had great luck.

Charlie choked on his heroin, nearly suffocating, rather than dropping it in the toilet.

Christian's body is never put on the plane.

Desmond is on the flight.

Bernard returns from the bathroom.

Locke's suitcase of knives was not found with the other luggage.

Were they getting at the fact that those two timelines were happening simultaneously?

i'm not really sure how it works. because in their present, they've spent 108 days on the island or something. i think you have it right though.

as uninteresting as some people may find the alternate timeline compared to the temple/on island stuff, after the jack/locke convo @ baggage, i'm actually pretty happy to see more of it. at this stage anyway. if it drags out and there isn't really any point to it other than meeting each other, then meh.

i think most episodes of the season WILL be this exciting, they're working on an absolute dead line here so i wouldn't have thought there'd be much room for filler/unexciting episodes.

also something's definitely up with desmond

Guest beatfanatic

it was rather good. did jacob reincarnate in sayid?

i was thinking that too!

thats my guess too. Remember when Hurley told the temple people that Jacob was dead, everyone went into alert mode and started spreading ash around their temple. This was probably done to keep Jacob out but perhaps it was too late. Ash is important because when men in black/fake locke becomes smokey and kicks everyone's ass, that one dude with the gun had a little pocket of ash that he used to protect himself but it didnt matter. the best line of the episode was by fake locke "Sorry you had to see me that way" to Ben.

So Men in black and jacob can transform bodies which kinda defeats the purpose of killing each other in the first place.

thats my guess too. Remember when Hurley told the temple people that Jacob was dead, everyone went into alert mode and started spreading ash around their temple. This was probably done to keep Jacob out but perhaps it was too late. Ash is important because when men in black/fake locke becomes smokey and kicks everyone's ass, that one dude with the gun had a little pocket of ash that he used to protect himself but it didnt matter. the best line of the episode was by fake locke "Sorry you had to see me that way" to Ben.

i took the temple people spreading ash was to keep fake locke/smokey out. it seems to me that jacob and smokey are light and dark and now the balance is off when jacob is presumably dead. the ash the dude surrounded himself with did work, but smokey caused some rubble to fall and knock him out from the circle and then killed him.

i took the temple people spreading ash was to keep fake locke/smokey out. it seems to me that jacob and smokey are light and dark and now the balance is off when jacob is presumably dead. the ash the dude surrounded himself with did work, but smokey caused some rubble to fall and knock him out from the circle and then killed him.

yea, i thought it was for smokey too. it seems that jacob and smokey cant kill each other no matter what body they inhabit. if they are angels/devils type stuff, im not sure how jacob could die. unless maybe they all take trips to that fountain of youth? that could explain how richard is the same age in all years from black rock to 2007.

this is seriously insane though. did these writers really incorporate the following: time travel, angels/ devils, fountain of youth, alternate realities, alternate timelines? lol. am i missing anything?

Guest Glass Plate

it was rather good. did jacob reincarnate in sayid? where is the mib/locke/smokes home?

next episode is going to be kate-centric, so it's going to be boring. meh.

Seriously! fuck Kate.

it was rather good. did jacob reincarnate in sayid? where is the mib/locke/smokes home?

next episode is going to be kate-centric, so it's going to be boring. meh.

Seriously! fuck Kate.

i'd gladly fuck evangeline

Archived