IGNORED

Doctor Who Rips off Aphex Twin

Joyrex

Ah, I forgot about Red Dwarf! Good catch. Yes, "rips off" is a bit sensationalist. BTW, the "whole planet" doesn't get converted to gas-mask zombies, just those affected by the nanomites released from the Chula capsule (yes, I am a hardcore DW fan)

But if unstopped, the nanomites would have converted all of humanity. The 'infection' was airbourne by the end of part 2.

(just a part time fan, myself)

Theres this homeless dude who hangs out down by Tescos sometimes. He kinda of looks like Aphex Twin under his manky wool hat etc, has a smile like him.

I reckon he is a clone made my RDJ whilst living in that old Bank in Elephant & Castle. He probably had a lab there where he created his clones, and most likely distributed them worldwide.

Word.

yeah it would have been better if the 'Immortality Gate' turned out be a machine to transmit IDM directly into the brain of every living human, and the Master had turned out to be Squarepusher

Cactus person: "Oh no, the machine doesn't cure people - its a giant planetary IDM transmitter!"

Doctor: (looks very alarmed) "I have to stop Tom Jenkison from reaching that machine!"

(he runs off down a long corridor)

Guest Dirty Protest

Can someone please explain what happened on the xmas day Doctor Who, ive no fucking idea, Russell T Davis cant write narrative for shit. Sad about David Tennant going, but the writer, he cant fuck off quick enough. John Simm is a good actor, The Master is an icon, look what this cunts done with it.

doctor who really does have so much potential but wastes it horrifically. it could be so much better, i find only like 1 in 12 episodes to be actually enjoyable or worth watching. last year's christmas special was a million times better than this year with him and the master just running around, screaming at each other in some construction yard, it's like who cares, it's just so boring

Can someone please explain what happened on the xmas day Doctor Who, ive no fucking idea, Russell T Davis cant write narrative for shit. Sad about David Tennant going, but the writer, he cant fuck off quick enough. John Simm is a good actor, The Master is an icon, look what this cunts done with it.

I think if you haven't followed what happened last season and the series of specials they've had this year, it can be a bit confusing.

RTD can't write narrative for shit? You realize this is the same man who did Queer as Folk, The Second Coming, and countless other series that consistently rate the highest on television, including Doctor Who.

I would argue that the ratings, audience appreciation indexes and such take the piss out of your statement.

Well, I like both Doctor Who and Aphex Twin, so I was amused with it and that was the first thing that popped into my head. I'm not slamming them at all, but it's always interesting to see similar concepts arise in media.

just turn on mtv.

Well, I like both Doctor Who and Aphex Twin, so I was amused with it and that was the first thing that popped into my head. I'm not slamming them at all, but it's always interesting to see similar concepts arise in media.

just turn on mtv.

I haven't watched MTV since they stopped showing videos as their primary form of programming.

The latest Doctor Who special seems to have borrowed a concept originally seen in 1997's "Come To Daddy" video where Aphex Twin's face gets replicated across all the children in a housing estate - in the latest Doctor Who special, The Doctor's arch-nemesis, The Master, uses an alien device to "copy" himself onto every human being on Earth - all with his face, which is also eerily similar to the grinning face Aphex Twin is famous for. One would point to the film Being John Malkovitch as the possible inspiration as well, or possibly even The Matrix Reloaded, where Agent Smith copies himself many times over. However, I think it's Come To Daddy, as both of those films postdate Come To Daddy.

Come To Daddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Az_7U0-cK0

Doctor Who: The End of Time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_rCA3aIH-I

I see no connection whatsoever.

You have wasted my time.

The latest Doctor Who special seems to have borrowed a concept originally seen in 1997's "Come To Daddy" video where Aphex Twin's face gets replicated across all the children in a housing estate - in the latest Doctor Who special, The Doctor's arch-nemesis, The Master, uses an alien device to "copy" himself onto every human being on Earth - all with his face, which is also eerily similar to the grinning face Aphex Twin is famous for. One would point to the film Being John Malkovitch as the possible inspiration as well, or possibly even The Matrix Reloaded, where Agent Smith copies himself many times over. However, I think it's Come To Daddy, as both of those films postdate Come To Daddy.

Come To Daddy:

You have wasted my time.

Your opinion is noted, nobody cares.

Come To Daddy:

You have wasted my time.

Your opinion is noted, nobody cares.

Do me a favor and grow up.

You obviously cared enough to respond.

Archived