IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

blech, it doesn't fit autechre's music that it should only be heard once.

i'm just thanking my lucky stars that there's a 256k of glasgow floating around.

yeah i just got around to really comparing the 2 (128k original leak VS the 256k) today and it's pretty remarkable how huge of a difference it makes. I can hear a shit load of new detail that was inaudible before

Edited by Awepittance

yeah i just got around to really comparing the 2 (128k original leak VS the 256k) today and it's pretty remarkable how huge of a difference it makes. I can hear a shit load of new detail that was inaudible before

so freaking true. i cant believe i listened to that other one for 4 years! lol. if the 256 sounds that good, wtf does the flac sound like?

i am uploading that may 18th sbd from oakland. pm if anyone wants a link. its delicious.

He said what's going on is a real-time event unique to that evening, its dependent on the space (and wouldnt translate to a board recording) and it wouldnt be fair to the "fans" who paid to see them live if they released this. He said the improvisational quality of the performance was a special treat for people to hear that one time only, for that night. Personally, I think this statement is basically bullshit in light of the fact that audience recordings so far suggest this set is nearly following the same structure each night. He also suggested that to record it would be to lose the space in the recording, and that would make them sound retarded or something.

this makes me think that sean & rob are both either mentally challenged, total assholes, oblivious as fuck, or totally up their own ass. Unbelievable. The statements may have merit, but gettin all nazi about soundboards for the reasons he said are ludicrous imo. Get a fucking clue. I don't know why this pisses me off so bad. Maybe I am totally off base, but really, this is absurd. Laughably so.

He said what's going on is a real-time event unique to that evening, its dependent on the space (and wouldnt translate to a board recording) and it wouldnt be fair to the "fans" who paid to see them live if they released this. He said the improvisational quality of the performance was a special treat for people to hear that one time only, for that night. Personally, I think this statement is basically bullshit in light of the fact that audience recordings so far suggest this set is nearly following the same structure each night. He also suggested that to record it would be to lose the space in the recording, and that would make them sound retarded or something.

this makes me think that sean & rob are both either mentally challenged, total assholes, oblivious as fuck, or totally up their own ass. Unbelievable. The statements may have merit, but gettin all nazi about soundboards for the reasons he said are ludicrous imo. Get a fucking clue. I don't know why this pisses me off so bad. Maybe I am totally off base, but really, this is absurd. Laughably so.

totally agree. there is nothing to lose by releasing them or having people record them, it will only bring you more fans. tell the grateful dead or phish or countless other bands that made legacies by improvising every single night that taping of shows is pointless. there are 10s of thousands of fans who get into them by trading shows and developing obsessions over what version of this is better than some version of that.

by those statements by the sound guy i can only deduct this: ae has more than enough money and fans. please dont start liking them if you dont already.

so can we ge back to talking about oversteps and th supposed leak that's goin around on slsk? (rar file)

there are parts that i'm skeptical about but if it really is ae i'd be pretty satisfied tbh. krYlon is amazing.

so can we ge back to talking about oversteps and th supposed leak that's goin around on slsk? (rar file)

there are parts that i'm skeptical about but if it really is ae i'd be pretty satisfied tbh. krYlon is amazing.

too much glitch VST on it, if autechre used glitch VST in this obvious a fashion i would honestly be floored

my verdict is that it's a definite fake. i regret even talking about it in here, didn't mean to get any hopes up

Edited by Awepittance

Okay... I listened to it. Sounds like 3tronik b-sides or something. Maybe extra crunchy early Y2K Morr Music type stuff. Technically speaking, it's okay-ish... but more like 3rd-wave "icey" type IDM. A lot of VST effect usage and overall kind of muddy in the mix. Whoever wrote this knows what they are doing to a degree, but it sounds too derivative.

yeah, maybe i jumped the gun a little. it still sounds damn good to my ears. 3tronik you say? never heard of him/them/it.. must check it out.

Don't. The guy blatantly samples huge chunks of Ae tracks with hardly any modification. As a die-hard Ae fan it infuriates me. Also the fact that he doesn't make it obvious that he's sampling by putting Ae references in the title or anything.

then they mangle the keyboard to make something absurdly abstract like "O=0"

i think this trackname is great... i mean everyone's had to deal with O vs. zero confusion at some point. :blink:

track lengths?

r ess 3:23

ilanders 4:22

known(1) 3:24

pt2ph8 4:41

qplay 4:40

see on see 3:14

treale 4:13

os veix3 3:03

O=0 6:25

d-sho qub 5:02

st epreo 5:05