IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

This is gonna sound weird... but I always thought the cover to confield looked like bad quality photos of a fancy office building... like they were taken with a cheap webcam.

The left image on the front cover, the left surface looks a bit like wood grain, so I immediately got a sense of polished wooden walls, with these shiney metal panels that decorate the walls.

The image on the right therefore gave me the impression of stairs... but all fragmented.

I kind of like the way I see it more than the reality, cos that video looks a little dated now. But I still think it's really cool that that's how they got the art work.

I wish that musicians put together extensive documentaries on every aspect of the album's creation. I always wanted "special features" like DVD's have. Commentary for an album (I guess it'd have to work like Pop Up Video) would be great! And behind the scenes footage and stuff about the artwork and stuff... I know most musicians don't put in enough effort to warrant that kind of depth but imagine Autechre doing something like that, it'd be fantastic.

This is gonna sound weird... but I always thought the cover to confield looked like bad quality photos of a fancy office building... like they were taken with a cheap webcam.

The left image on the front cover, the left surface looks a bit like wood grain, so I immediately got a sense of polished wooden walls, with these shiney metal panels that decorate the walls.

The image on the right therefore gave me the impression of stairs... but all fragmented.

I kind of like the way I see it more than the reality, cos that video looks a little dated now. But I still think it's really cool that that's how they got the art work.

I wish that musicians put together extensive documentaries on every aspect of the album's creation. I always wanted "special features" like DVD's have. Commentary for an album (I guess it'd have to work like Pop Up Video) would be great! And behind the scenes footage and stuff about the artwork and stuff... I know most musicians don't put in enough effort to warrant that kind of depth but imagine Autechre doing something like that, it'd be fantastic.

that would be amazing but of all bands i think autechre are the least likely to do something like that!

HOLY SHIT

THAT LOOKS AWESOME

WHAT VIDEO IS THIS FROM?

What? You don't know? Back when Confield was released there was a micro site on WARP which basically was a Java applet which animated the Confield artwork. You really then understood what the album cover was, in relation with space and time.

Oh wait you were like 4 years old back then LOL :pedobear::emotawesomepm9:

HOLY SHIT

THAT LOOKS AWESOME

WHAT VIDEO IS THIS FROM?

What? You don't know? Back when Confield was released there was a micro site on WARP which basically was a Java applet which animated the Confield artwork. You really then understood what the album cover was, in relation with space and time.

:nacmat:

This sampler is really starting to fuck with my head. I wanna know who made it. Was it gl0tch? If so I will pay top dollar for the full tracks (pm me if you don't want your secret let out)

here´s another one of mr. gl0tch´s (i´m not totally sure, but it sounds like the "os promo mix") ae quaristice fake-leaks.

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/78363999/file.html

Autechre have never been this crap

HOLY SHIT

THAT LOOKS AWESOME

WHAT VIDEO IS THIS FROM?

:nacmat:

Oh btw Cap I found the Confield artwork movie... thanks to the search button LOL It's great, there is one frame in that movie where you can see the final artwork for the album.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ILGI9Q8W

IM ON A BOAT!

What's ekt?

expert knob twiddlers board

Hmmm... I'd like to see the thread where this is posted.

Wait... I just realized EKT as in on WATMM > EKT. Duh! I bet I actually started that thread with the track in there. Haha.

Edited by gl0tch