IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

And I wanna restate that I fucking hate the Jonas brothers and in my opinion its a load of shit.

"you're just not listening the right way, or you haven't tried hard enough to figure it out."

Tri Repetae is mediocre and rather boring compared to anything released post 2000. Even if the review HAS heard it (which I doubt), I doubt it really sounds like Tri Repetae in the least. After all, how often does AE "step back" so to speak?

I told myself I wasn't going to get involved with this speculation shit, and I'm going to stick to that.

That being said, I want some mad techy shit that fucks me up. Quaristice wasn't entirely poo, but I want more mental.

I am cautiously optimistic based on this preview!

I wouldn't bother getting your hopes up Rex. I remember you stating your optimism about Quaristice because you heard a preview of Rale and thought it sounded like a brilliant return to their ambient roots (ambient?). I doubt they're going to go back to Tri Rep style tunes.

I do wonder if they're still rocking the Monomachine and Machinedrum primarily for this album?

Yeah I was wondering that too. I like that sound but would be more interested to hear something that sounds different from their last two albums.

been checking this forum far too frequently lately, in hopes of catching a whiff of the new material. this "review" is promising, but pretty meager info-wise

I'm ok with it being meager info-wise. I don't want people's opinions of what they hear forming expectations in my mind that could reduce my enjoyment upon first listen. A little anticipation build-up is good, beyond that I want to form my own opinion/interpretation.

Guest Rogueofmv

I want to preorder this so badly but I just lost my job 2 weeks ago and I have a $350 hospital bill to pay off because they fired me right after my insurance kicked in so I don't know what to do

I mean I'd still have $200 left afterward, but those are my last $200 until I get another job

$35.99 wtf lol

EDIT: fuck it I'm buying it anyway

Edited by Rogueofmv

I want to preorder this so badly but I just lost my job 2 weeks ago and I have a $350 hospital bill to pay off because they fired me right after my insurance kicked in so I don't know what to do

I mean I'd still have $200 left afterward, but those are my last $200 until I get another job

$35.99 wtf lol

lol, same thing happened to me when quaristice special edition was announced, i had enough money to buy it but no job. i didn't buy it, and lo and behold, the very next day i got a job. aargh!

Cool. Not real informative, I guess. I hope they'll toss us some crumbs like they did around this time in '08 with the crusty 22khz samples of Rale and Simmm.

I don't get the Quaristice hate. I'm not going to go so far as thehauntingsoul did and blame the listener, but I just don't get it. I think Chiastic Slide is probably their best LP, then Draft and Amber for completely different reasons, and Quaristice for similar reasons to Draft. Untilted didn't do much for me, felt glib and a little emotionally detached in the same sort of way as Tri Repetae, though they both certainly had their moments, Tri Rep moreso.

The one thing I definitely dislike about new school Autechre is the complete lack of EPs since Gantz Graf. Envane, Cichlisuite, Anti, the Peel sessions, Anvil Vapre, etc. were some of my favorite Autechre. Their albums are great but there's something special about the EPs and in almost all of them they did a great job of making a complete cohesive statement within the space of 3-5 tracks. They were so friggin' good at it. It's a shame they abandoned that but I guess their ideas just don't work in that format anymore.

not gonna listen to a leak of it, even when/if that happens.. not gonna listen to it 'til I hold my listening party with friends, the weekend of its release. Or, so long as I don't tell the members of the listening party.. :spiteful: I will listen to it as soon as it is delivered. I expect to be blown away, Ae. You've never disappointed me, don't start now.

The one thing I definitely dislike about new school Autechre is the complete lack of EPs since Gantz Graf. Envane, Cichlisuite, Anti, the Peel sessions, Anvil Vapre, etc. were some of my favorite Autechre. Their albums are great but there's something special about the EPs and in almost all of them they did a great job of making a complete cohesive statement within the space of 3-5 tracks. They were so friggin' good at it. It's a shame they abandoned that but I guess their ideas just don't work in that format anymore.

Well they did release the Quadrange stuff but I never really saw that as an EP. I agree though, going back to some of those EPs I had totally forgotten about has been awesome. I listened to Cichlisuite for weeks on end when I first bought it and I'll probably go back to doing the same now.

Couple of things:

1. How on Earth haven't those promos leaked on to some kind of filesharing place yet?

2. How does one go about applying for Warp promos? I do actually write a fair number of reviews on the internet so it would serve a purpose...

1. How on Earth haven't those promos leaked on to some kind of filesharing place yet?

2. How does one go about applying for Warp promos? I do actually write a fair number of reviews on the internet so it would serve a purpose...

The two of these statements combined give me the feeling that if you previously had the chance to get promos, you just blew it...

The two of these statements combined give me the feeling that if you previously had the chance to get promos, you just blew it...

lol yeah I realise how bad those two statements sound together, though I do usually hold out for albums to actually be released rather than nabbing leaks or digital pre-releases. I did that with Quaristice - almost drove me insane waiting for the special edition to come through the post.

I know most people are good with promos and don't leak them, but there's always usually one that'll let it slip...

i did something really dumb last time and bought a promo copy from someone of Quaristice. Probably the only cool thing that came out of doing it is i got to hear the album 2 days before everyone else did and i had a copy of the really long one sheet that came with it.

this time i'm going to try very hard to not even listen to leaks

Guest Calx Sherbet

yeah there are probably a lot of jonas brothers fans who feel the same way about theor jonas brothers cds

ohnoes i have been wrong about the jonas brothers all along

*joins jonas brothers forum to learn how to appreciate jonas brothers more*

Hey man, now I hate the Jonas brothers as much as anyone else and would be quick to call it a load of horseshit upon someone asking my opinion. That being said, if there are people that like it, then it's not fair to call it crap, but rather to say it's crap in your opinion.

you don't even need to tack on "imo". if it's coming out of your mouth, of course it's your opinion!

:cisfor:

$35.99 wtf lol

lol I can so much understand this :beer:

not gonna listen to a leak of it, even when/if that happens ...<snip>... I will listen to it as soon as it is delivered.

Same. I never listen to leaks, no matter the artist. Well I "accidentally" listened to a leak of the last Tool album because there was so much fuss over the leak being a fake, that I wanted to hear the fake before I heard the real deal. Then it turned out the supposed fake was the real deal. And I was pissed at all the internet fanboys for making me think it was a fake when it wasn't. Point being, I don't like leaks.

not gonna listen to a leak of it, even when/if that happens ...<snip>... I will listen to it as soon as it is delivered.

Same. I never listen to leaks, no matter the artist. Well I "accidentally" listened to a leak of the last Tool album because there was so much fuss over the leak being a fake, that I wanted to hear the fake before I heard the real deal. Then it turned out the supposed fake was the real deal. And I was pissed at all the internet fanboys for making me think it was a fake when it wasn't. Point being, I don't like leaks.

lol. those were crazy times for that tool leak. all those fake covers that people were freaking out over. haha. i do pretty well with leaks from my favs. i wont for tool, isis, ae, etc.

the most difficult part is not reading what everyone says before it but then by the time you get to talk about it, you are saying things people said months ago and feel like a schmuck

Edited by jules

Heh, I made that one fake tool cover that people were flipping out over.... weird dark cavernous image with golden glitchy poop-like structures floating.

jesus christ glotch. you are the faek internet king!

Do you remember it?

definitely. was the tool logo like a razor blade type thingy? it was kind of tech looking and angular. i was trying find a pic to post but i cant find it. there used to be a funny site with all the fakes on it.