IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

If you have a "notable" status like that of Autechre

or another famous electronic musician, people tend to be much more open to liking the particular music you release, regardless of its quality.

circa 2005

i really think if most people here heard these leaks in the form of a myspace page unsigned artist they wouldn't have the same impact

Been listening to Autechre for 15 years now, I've heard every live set in circulation - and this is them. If you made it, you are as good as they are, I'll say that without reservation.

Sorry - just realised what a classic/cliche leak-discussion-post that is, could be 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008.

Still some awesome tracks there, happy to be wrong if I am.

lol the guy behind the FAEKS

Nonima wrote:

4 minutes ago

Anyone in the Ae fanbase who knows and loves the work of Autechre will know straight away from hearing any of the "fake" tracks that this is a tongue-in-cheek prank aimed at the fanboys and in no way is aimed at taking anticipation off of the release of Oversteps. The ones who have the patience to wait for its' imminent release will be the most rewarded. This was an exercise in seeing how quickly false information spreads. Sure, Fluorescent Grey proved this last time, seems no-one learned this time either. We have a lot of respect for Rob and Sean, and in no way is this intentionally to piss them off. Maybe they agree with us. AE - 1 IDIOTS - 0 Here's who made it....

x

View Profile | Leave Nonima a shout

Nonima wrote:

6 minutes ago

From the guys behind the "fake" LP... The only purpose of this "leak" is nothing to do with trying to pass an album off as Autechre, it is targeting those who will only listen to something for plain aesthetic value rather than for its content, and taking the complete piss out of those people. The ones who for example would buy a 12" with the sound of Aphex Twin's bowel movements, just because its RDJ and not for its artistic merit.

View Profile | Leave Nonima a shout

http://www.last.fm/music/Autechre?setlang=EN

Edited by beariksson

easy solution to all this you know.

don't bother spreading bullshit, don't bother listening to "leaks", and wait for the real thing.

i'm such a hardcore ae fanboy that when i receive my digital file downloads i'm still going to wait until i receive the vinyl to listen to it. i'm that fucking harcore. yes. boyeeee

lawl, is that one of the fake tracks? I've been sitting out dl'ing so as not to look like [more of] a jackass.

Isn't that a tiny Gantz Graf sample around 5:15? I'm at work so my speakers are too shitty to really listen.

Edit: nah, probably just an artifact of the laptop speakers being shit.

Edited by baph

Guest ataraxy2

This thread just shouldn't exist...

:facepalm:

I hadn't heard the fake and wasn't going to until it was revealed as real/fake. Reading these responses I was hoping it would be real, because all this talk about "DEFINIETELY NOT AE" is so stupid and insulting toward Ae. I'm sorry, but have they thrown out 9 identical albums? Am I living in an alternate reality?

Altered:Carbon sounds really good based on that teaser.

because all this talk about "DEFINIETELY NOT AE" is so stupid and insulting toward Ae. I'm sorry, but have they thrown out 9 identical albums? Am I living in an alternate reality?

it's insulting to your own intelligence to assume that one is incapable of being able to tell if something is AE just because they don't have '9 identical albums'

Guest bitroast

don't bother spreading bullshit, don't bother listening to "leaks", and wait for the real thing.

i'm such a hardcore ae fanboy that when i receive my digital file downloads i'm still going to wait until i receive the vinyl to listen to it. i'm that fucking harcore. yes. boyeeee

i dont get it. if it's the music that counts, and you definitely have an officially purchased full length new autechre album purchased off bleep, why would you wait for the physical copy :S:S:S

i dont get it. if it's the music that counts, and you definitely have an officially purchased full length new autechre album purchased off bleep, why would you wait for the physical copy :S:S:S

because i'm an ae fanboy!

so this fake floated my way and I just listened to it. I am so so so disheartened that there was any expression of belief in it here. Come on guys. If you think autechre's album is going to start with evenly measured plinks surrounded by generic space noise, then I can't be sure what you're actually getting out of the real music.

this is really the only post anyone should pay attention to itt

by the by, i've been off for a few days, is the latest leak confirmed to be fake? I'm not just talking about "THIS ISNT AE DICKHEADS" i'm talking about actual confirmation.

check it out for yourself, there has been ample evidence to prove its a fake in this thread.

ie: the last 4-5 pages

Edited by Awepittance

like all other ae releases since i've been on the internets... i refuse to listen to leaks! i was once handed an untilted leak on cdr and i broke it when i walked away!