IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

So, basically you want one of them to say he's awesome and the other to say he's responsible for what you perceive as "aimless" and "weak" tracks? Yeah, I'm sure they'll let you know.

nah, of course not. but you cannot deny, that there is a difference these two groups of tracks. i´d just like to know if there are "sean" and "rob" tracks, or if the production process was different (composed and more arranged vs. jam-session songs).

how much work was done on hardware vs software on oversteps?

what are some interestingly derived sampled sounds on oversteps?

when did ae start working on oversteps?

+1 on are there any live tracks on oversteps?

So, basically you want one of them to say he's awesome and the other to say he's responsible for what you perceive as "aimless" and "weak" tracks? Yeah, I'm sure they'll let you know.

nah, of course not. but you cannot deny, that there is a difference these two groups of tracks. i´d just like to know if there are "sean" and "rob" tracks, or if the production process was different (composed and more arranged vs. jam-session songs).

I'll have to seriously disagree with your assertion, mainly because Perlence is my absolute favourite off Quaristice. The others you listed, well I guess I can see those being substandard to some but come on, Perlence??? Seriously????

Yes, fol4 is a masterpiece for sure. Did you not even like the chunk from Perlence Range 7 where the snares dance around your head like little tiki men with tiki masks and little hawaiin tutus that are short enough that you can see their junk dangling to the beat?

Yes, fol4 is a masterpiece for sure. Did you not even like the chunk from Perlence Range 7 where the snares dance around your head like little tiki men with tiki masks and little hawaiin tutus that are short enough that you can see their junk dangling to the beat?

haha, i don´t know exactly which part you mean, but i´m gonna check it out later.

Guest Calx Sherbet

I seriously have a feeling that warp deliberately decided to release ae, afx, squarepusher, boc and plaid all in the same year just to make fans cream themselves. maybe we can expect a new clark release too?

unless you have some evidence, i'd be very unsure of SP

I'd like to ask them if negative criticism really doesn't affect them at all - and if it doesn't, how they think they developed such a healthy sense of confidence so as to continue going on their own trajectory regardless of naysayers.

I'll have to seriously disagree with your assertion, mainly because Perlence is my absolute favourite off Quaristice. The others you listed, well I guess I can see those being substandard to some but come on, Perlence??? Seriously????

i move that 90101 also be stricken from the record. in fact, i'm gonna have to go with a vote of no confidence.

there´s a radio-show hosted by germany´s leading electronic-music magazines de-bug and groove on radio-fritz. the de-bug peeps wrote that they played stuff from the new ae album last saturday

http://de-bug.de/musik/5250.html

i could´t find the link on the radio-fritz website so i called them and they gave me this link.

http://www.fritz.de/Loopstreams/Loopstreams.html

on the bottom of the page click on the "Sonntag Club - Nadine Kreuzahler, Herrmann & Hoffmann"-Icon. This should launch the loopstream. i´m at the office atm so i can´t check it out.

edit: maybe you should also check the "Samstag (saturday) Club" link

Edited by panz0r

i can't get into perlence. it's like, i want it to be groovy but it just isn't to me.

sometimes i find it awesome and other times, its so grating, its like come on already. another version of this exact thing? wtf

whatever's going on before the ae (if it's to be found in the loopstreams) is unbearable; i'll let someone else sort through and rip it to mp3 :wtf:

So if BoC, Aphex, Pusher, and Ae are all putting out albums this year... who do think will release the biggest hit? Basically who's gonna bring the best goods?

I'm actually thinking this album, Oversteps will be the best.

Did I miss something? When did BoC announce a new album?

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun

holy shit good call! Thanks for the info man

I seriously have a feeling that warp deliberately decided to release ae, afx, squarepusher, boc and plaid all in the same year just to make fans cream themselves. maybe we can expect a new clark release too?

unless you have some evidence, i'd be very unsure of SP

I'm doubtful too. Maybe an EP, and same goes for Clark (I'd put my money on Clark releasing a new EP before Squarepusher).

i hope oversteps is a hiphop album with guest MCs

or better yet. a post-rock album

i don't think i would like to hear either of those... all autechre albums are hip-hop albums, lol

People always seem to throw around the guest-mc idea, which sounds great in principle, but has it ever been properly executed? I look at an album like dabrye's 2/3 and think ugh, what a mess. shit, even hiphop producer albums built around guest mcs suck 9 times out of 10.

That said, a whole album in the style of Adverse Camber would be awesome

Edited by Bob Dobalina