IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

hah! Ditching her for a chick that digs Autechre...

Actually, I do like having Ae to myself ( and other music ) which I can then enjoy alone or with equal minded friends - or people on fora ;-)

Guest extherium

Nothing unusual about Warp putting extras on the Japanese CD releases, I just hope there's never a repeat of Zurich 2001.

Nothing unusual about artists putting extra tracks on their albums for the Japanese release. Period.

From what I recall reading somewhere, it's cheaper to import music CDs than it is to buy them in-store in Japan. So artists throw in bonuses for Japan. Without the bonus tracks, the Japanese would just import them and businesses could go under, leading to much weaker sales in the country.

"Nothing unusual about Warp putting extras on the Japanese CD releases, I just hope there's never a repeat of Zurich 2001."

..do tell ? ( never heard it )

we might get this sooner in australia. we got sonic youth and dinosaur jr about two weeks early last year.

What year is it in austrailia?

not sure if this is a serious response, but if it is, I meant the eternal and farm were shipped here one or two weeks prior to their official release. same happened with rather ripped in 2006

yea, it was just a joke (i guess a bad one) because those 2 bands are from before my high school years, which seems like such a long time ago.

Nothing unusual about Warp putting extras on the Japanese CD releases, I just hope there's never a repeat of Zurich 2001.

Nothing unusual about artists putting extra tracks on their albums for the Japanese release. Period.

From what I recall reading somewhere, it's cheaper to import music CDs than it is to buy them in-store in Japan. So artists throw in bonuses for Japan. Without the bonus tracks, the Japanese would just import them and businesses could go under, leading to much weaker sales in the country.

yes, this is a tireless topic. my point was that it was being released almost 3 weeks before the ones we all pre-ordered

my point was that it was being released almost 3 weeks before the ones we all pre-ordered

I agree, it's a bastard, and I knew what you meant. Personally I just expect this to happen with each release from artists like Ae whose bonus tracks have always been exclusive (not the case with all Japanese releases, or even Warp releases in Japan), and it's my own choice to end up spending a fortune on one release like a dickhead (more fool me). And the pre-order at bleep can still be cancelled, I think, if that's an issue (not double-checked that though).

Zurich 2001, medrey and mcr quarter are great imho

Agreed mostly, but Zurich 2001, really? Probably more enjoyable from slsk than after forking out for the actual CD (more fool me again).

nu-Nr6d is pretty good too.

hmm, any of you guys heard this leak yet? i'm curious as to the origin. sounds authentic as fuck to me!

http://rapidshare.com/files/343324157/Autechre_-_Oversteps.rar

edit: it's most certainly NOT the altered:carbon fake

source of leak? which blog?

http://fatroland.blogspot.com/2010/01/autechres-oversteps-fake-leak-scandal.html

(check the comments)

dubious i know but it does sound pretty awesome.

Edited by modey

dubious i know but it does sound pretty awesome.

first track sounds great.. have not heard the rest, yet. i do hear shortened bits of lcc though in the patterns.

it's weird this person who dropped the rapidshare link mentions the leak is doing the rounds... i hadn't seen the link anywhere yet and i do have my share of blogs in google reader which i follow... dubious!

Edited by Fredd-E

yeah, the first track really impressed me, and it did remind me of lcc as well.

and i'm not sure either what that comment meant by 'doing the rounds'.. though i do notice a couple of people have it on slsk.. but hardly doing the rounds really.