IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

god i hate rapidshare. any other good sources? fakes are people too!

well i'm sharing it on slsk, username modex. though be warned i have a fairly slow connection.

mastering is completly different: fake

completely different to what?

Guest Fat Roland

hmm, any of you guys heard this leak yet? i'm curious as to the origin. sounds authentic as fuck to me!

http://rapidshare.com/files/343324157/Autechre_-_Oversteps.rar

edit: it's most certainly NOT the altered:carbon fake

source of leak? which blog?

http://fatroland.blogspot.com/2010/01/autechres-oversteps-fake-leak-scandal.html

(check the comments)

dubious i know but it does sound pretty awesome.

Curious and curiouser.

Damn you Rapidshare. I'm gonna have to wait to download it, I guess. Ho hum... Waiting...

lol @ known(1) in the latest fake

dblue glitch all over it

i hear stuttering effects but i don't hear anything that makes it obviously sound like it was made with dblue glitch?

I have already pre-ordered the album.

But to repeat what others have asked: could someone upload this somewhere else? I know it's ridiculous, because all of us have pre ordered or will buy the thing anyway, and it is probably fake, but I am ridiculous and impatient and I want to hear anything even remotely Oversteps related NOW. :)

dblue glitch all over it

i hear stuttering effects but i don't hear anything that makes it obviously sound like it was made with dblue glitch?

yeah it is used quite hidden but you can sense a glitch a mile away (there is not only dblue now on the marked but they all sound alike producing the same random effect pattern autechre stopped using years ago and aphex seems to use a similair one in "In The Maze Park" once for a laugh)

anyway its the mastering that really shows what all is about

Well... normally I don't look into the leaks that much cos I can't be bothered using Soulseek but all this hype has rekindled my interest in Autechre and so I can't resist this time!

As far as the altered:carbon fake goes.... I don't get the hype. Not only does it not sound ANYTHING like Autechre IN THE SLIGHTEST, it's pretty generic and bland... if you like this stuff I really urge you to support the musicians in the EKT forum and also on web labels, because most of them are producing far more interesting and original music.

The latest one is the only one I've downloaded the entire album of (I'm used to downloading from Rapidshare, all internet is slow in New Zealand).

For the most part it's actually a little more believable that it's Autechre but I certainly wouldn't bet on it. However... I probably wouldn't have believed that most of Quaristice was Autechre if I heard it as a leak.

Actually, the fact that I quite like this second leak gives me more reason to think it's NOT real Autechre :P

As far as the altered:carbon fake goes.... I don't get the hype. Not only does it not sound ANYTHING like Autechre IN THE SLIGHTEST, it's pretty generic and bland... if you like this stuff I really urge you to support the musicians in the EKT forum and also on web labels, because most of them are producing far more interesting and original music.

well, i picked up a perlence vibe (beat fragment patterns) from A:C's "ilanders" and some similar zones to Outh9x in "pt2ph8" (A:C). Agreed, the melodies feel more generic, but Autechre's later albums have been very hit-and-miss to me. So, I didn't see Altered:Carbon's leak as very inferior in quality, composition-wise (or all that dissimilar from Autechre). I'd love to be "righted" or made to feel otherwise.

so which is the most interesting "leak?"

should i bother?

well if you're autechre is defined by BOC like pad melodies over slightly glitched out hip hop straight forward beats, Altered Carbon's leak is for you.

this new one is significantly more experimental and abstract than the Altered Carbon leak, can't say its real with any certainty but it's actually quite good, most of it

the opening track on leak #2, sounds like something unreleased from the Quaristice live set

Edited by Awepittance

dblue glitch all over it

yeah it is used quite hidden but you can sense a glitch a mile away (there is not only dblue now on the marked but they all sound alike producing the same random effect pattern autechre stopped using years ago and aphex seems to use a similair one in "In The Maze Park" once for a laugh)

anyway its the mastering that really shows what all is about

what songs are using obvious Glitch VST? i hear pretty presety glitch vst all over the altered carbob leak but not this one.

Whoever's behind this second fake (or whatever it is) knows what they're doing. Metric modulation in the very first track is pretty well done, a signature Autechre technique and hard to do as well as Ae get it.

EDIT: Hmmm.... Treale and Krylon sound strangely like some of gl0tch's work...

Edited by futureimage