IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

The rapidshare one sounds like someone competent doing the usual boring IDM, can't wait for the real thing.

uhh, really? does typical IDM sound like this? The more recent "leak?" It sounds glotch-ian (like the sampler), 'phat' autechre-impersonating, etc. It sounds pretty good.

Edited by barbara planar

Guest Balance

The rapidshare one sounds like someone competent doing the usual boring IDM, can't wait for the real thing.

uhh, really? does typical IDM sound like this? The more recent "leak?" It sounds glotch-ian (like the sampler), 'phat' autechre-impersonating, etc. It sounds pretty good.

Well, I hardly like any IDM, to me it sounded like the rest of it, I liked the first couple of tracks then got bored very quickly and deleted them.

there's gonna be a surprise a few months down the line

Hmmm.... other than a North American tour, I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Any hints? Where are you getting your information???

Re: "a few month"... as in after the official release date? Please dont tell me its another "versions" release.

Edited by gl0tch

oversteps will leak when bleep sells the tracks

plus there's gonna be a surprise a few months down the line

Sweet...maybe an EP following the album, or a NA tour. :cool:

As for Bleep selling the tracks, I wonder if those that pre-ordered the CD or LP will be entitled to the files when/if they sell MP3s ahead of the official release date. Would be a real shame otherwise. Almost a crime!

re: new fake

from first skip thru: cheesy buffer override (redfall, d-sho)and not reverby/spacious enough. some buildups too long and are just fade ins. trk 1 ends with awful clicks. Too easily accessible to be new ae. I get the feeling it will be a stranger journey than this.

way better than altered carbone. if you made a sampler from bits of this material i'd be fooled. It's a pretty good faek, trk 1 - 2 combo especially.

I don't think it's Autechre tonight guys. It's some broad named Betty Ford playing indie crap. :facepalm:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lady Bird Johnson is the one set to introduce Oversteps.

Who did the new fake? It's not shit.

gl0tch gl0tch gl0tch?

dan dan dan

dan dan dan

dan dan dan

dan dan dan

Edited by baph

oversteps will leak when bleep sells the tracks

plus there's gonna be a surprise a few months down the line

Sweet...maybe an EP following the album, or a NA tour. :cool:

As for Bleep selling the tracks, I wonder if those that pre-ordered the CD or LP will be entitled to the files when/if they sell MP3s ahead of the official release date. Would be a real shame otherwise. Almost a crime!

yes, the cd/lp comes with a free download of the wav and mp3 version.