IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest analogue wings

are these vocal sample on Treale saying "dicks, eat 'em" or "this is IDM." ???

it's definitely saying "LTM" :shuriken:

so awepittance and glotch waited for the two real tracks to be posted, quickly added them to their new fake and then uploaded it?

it would certainly make a lot of sense... but kind of getting a bit old at this point.

That would be a win win situation imho. Fake AE tracks which are really great AND a yet unheard new AE album inbound.

I'd sign for that + love to get proper titles for the might-be-fakes.

yeah, and MastaN8 and phling's hyperbole too. and the fact that it had been downloaded 400 times before we heard about it. I just wish i hadn't spend my entire fucking sunday with my slow-ass internet connection waiting for it to finish, lol. regardless, see on see is nice, as bread said.

Edited by lumpenprol

that also would explain why glotch was being so over the top.

i was thinking the same thing.

but now, on the second listen, i'm a bit more confident it's the real thing.

wait i meant less confident...

so awepittance and glotch waited for the two real tracks to be posted, quickly added them to their new fake and then uploaded it?

Interesting theory you got there. It does seem plausible based on other comments (though I haven't listened)...

Guest David R James

Dear some one, Could you tell me if it is a real fake (lol) so i can download it. I dont want the real thing. i wont tell anyone thanks. Bye

actually i think it's real i was just fucking with you guys . but i only listened to 20 minutes of it so far

i jsut wanted to see you guys spin your wheels one last time before the next album comes out. can you blame me? :emotawesomepm9:

edit: sorry for this time :beer: now let's enjoy the new AE

Edited by Awepittance

Guest David R James

actually i think it's real i was just fucking with you guys . but i only listened to 20 minutes of it so far

i jsut wanted to see you guys spin your wheels one last time before the next album comes out. can you blame me? :emotawesomepm9:

Ahhhh, that means i can't download it. fuck

In the preview/review by the big shot magazine reviewer there is some talk about four leaks that surfaced... I thought the general consensus is there has only been found two leaks as of now? Being the Altered:Carbon leak and the one right after that. Nothing else leaked, imho. So where did they find four leaks?

Could it be that AE has leaked this supposedly real album but instead provided only two real tracks (ilanders and see on see) and filled the rest with leftofters fron their very own productions?

It's not impossible I'd say.

Whenever bleep puts out samples I'll be convinced of the whole and till then I'll enjoy this new out-of-the-blue leak. Which is another thing that puzzles me.. how come it all of a sudden leaked?! It seems too much of a coincedence...

PS: Altered:Carbon's self titled album is properly released now: http://section27netlabel.blogspot.com/2010/02/s27-035-alteredcarbon-alteredcarbon.html

Edited by Fredd-E

i still think there are odd things about this leak but at the same time it sounds too AE Like to be fake imo.

why is it in m4a format as one long track? who the fuck rips cds that way?

edit: i think Modey's going to be really pleased with this one, it sounds HEAVILY inspired cluster/tangerine dream krautish electronic music in many parts

Edited by Awepittance

LOL, I accidently played ilanders while see on see was playing and thought that was one of the tracks. They sounded great together!

But then I played see on see on it's own. I don't really like see on see, and I can't see it growing on me. It just seems too obvious to me - I like my ambient a little less fiddly and tinkly. I can honestly say that if I didn't know that it was made by Autechre, I'd think it was some new IDM producer attempting a cute Plaid-like melodic FM-synth thing.

Ae themselves have done much better beatless melodic pieces in past albums and EPs. But I can see why some people would find it pretty.