IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I dl'd the leak last night but haven't listened yet. Still thinking of waiting until release. The waves of euphoria turning into doubt are entertaining enough in this thread. This is very temting though

this thread is accumulating pages faster than I can read them

Just curious, but is anyone else planning to hold onto their oversteps virginity until the album release or an official download becomes available? I haven't listened to anything (fake or not) yet and am leaning in that direction

Where there algorithms for MAX/MSP? I heard nothing...

i think that whole lp is hypercomplex arpeggio

this.

to everyone doubting the legitness of this:

lolo,

what

is

wrong

with

your

ears.

probably the same persons who considered any of the previous, shitty fakes to be real. :cisfor:

i also genuinely feel sorry for anyone who's disappointed or not feeling this album now, and i hope it just needs a couple of listens and a spliff or two to change your mind. Then again, it's really fun to finally get into an Ae album years after its release innit.

that said, something seems to be wrong with the track segueing here imo… it sounds like tracks are unfittingly fading into each other. As someone pointed out, "see on see" on the German radio started without a fade from another track. Just doesn't sound like Ae this. So yeah whatever the case, the final release may sound slightly different, if only due to track segues?

finally, i'm not gl0tch's friend btw.

I dl'd the leak last night but haven't listened yet. Still thinking of waiting until release. The waves of euphoria

turning into doubt are entertaining enough in this thread. This is very temting though

my waves of euphoria only doubled in size this morning when I listened to it again.

i'm downloading this file everyone is raving about, wonder if it's gonna end up beign another ( cool ) fake.

I wish bleep's people are reading all these pages and put it up this afternoon...

i mean really?

two songs were played on the radio, which btw was not some redneck pirate station, but moderated by renowned editors of two leading German magazines for electronic music. Then a leak comes up containing both these tracks, in high quality, which blend perfectly with the rest of the material.

You're calling fake? Really?

Just curious, but is anyone else planning to hold onto their oversteps virginity until the album release or an official download becomes available? I haven't listened to anything (fake or not) yet and am leaning in that direction

Yep. Absolutely. All this leak gayness put me off three fake Oversteps ago.

Guest Garkken

i mean really?

two songs were played on the radio, which btw was not some redneck pirate station, but moderated by renowned editors of two leading German magazines for electronic music. Then a leak comes up containing both these tracks, in high quality, which blend perfectly with the rest of the material.

Guitar sound overwhelmed me, they've never used something like that. The whole album is a strange and fragmented, its really hard to perceive

yeah, I just can't be arsed with all the it's real no it isn't nonsense. I already preordered as soon as it was announced, so if this leak is a genuine article then perhaps warp will pull another preemptive strike like they did for quaristice and make it available for download

Lol. Even if it is real it has weird cuts and fade outs? Some tracks twice? No thanks. I don't want to cheapen my first experience with it. I can wait. Reading all the responses sounds like. It's awesome though

Yep. Absolutely. All this leak gayness put me off three fake Oversteps ago.

I'm holding out as well. If nothing else, I've spent too much preordering different versions to just blow my load prematurely with some shitty leak, genuine or not. Hang in there guys, the pop shot will be worth it cum March.

i mean really?

Guitar sound overwhelmed me, they've never used something like that. The whole album is a strange and fragmented, its really hard to perceive

Maphive 6.1

cheesiest Autechre song, and, gorgeous. :crazy:

hmm.. first listen. all of the signature autechre sounds are there. this is a direct throwback to LP5, similar percussive sounds and instrument modeling (lotsa fm synthesis). lots of aleatoric-sounding melodic work as well.

the crossfades are hardly convincing though, other than the fades from tracks 1-3 they're just the tail ends of the fadeouts of each tracks slightly crossfaded with the next. anyway i'll know for sure when oversteps hits my turntable in a few weeks :) finding a good portion of this album quite enjoyable anyway, some for sure is a bit on the cheezy side, somebody said summer, that's exactly what this album feels like!

qplay sounds like the Tunnels Ov Set Remix

ilanders is the real epic thing !

st epreo is sick, reminds me Bine

Yuop is a future landscape, killed me !

...shit, is it the real thing ?