IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Re: about 50-55minutes in... The best parts of Pro Radii and Iera mixed with a bit of Cap.IV . This track is going to be amazing, but the clipping and shittiness of the recording device is really evident here. I can't wait to hear the final release of this track

i don't even want to hear this shit, i never got the hype for poorly recorded leaks

when this comes out i'll roll a proper blunt and turn off all the lights. it's less magical if you've already heard it through a shit system/shit recording etc

eh… seriously gl0tch this recording might not be cd quality but it's not exactly that bad either. if you keep telling yourself that the official release will sound like twice as detailed you'll simply be slapped in the face once it's released. this is definitely much better than, say, a 128kbps rip or is it not? my ears are not that bad i hope...

Guest Tankakern

and two things to all the people wondering why oversteps was played on a german radio station for the first time. germany is the second biggest music- and media-market in the world (US being first) AND, even more important: i wrote many whining posts on the de-bug website asking them (under different usernames - i´m a pathetic nerd i know) to play new ae stuff on their show, to the point where they wrote that they don´t want to get death threads so they will air it. haha

LOL. I read that.

De:Bug played it as the guy who runs it is on Warp's promo mailing list. It's that simple.

As well as broadcasting, De:Bug is also a magazine and Warp probably sent it

for a review in that format. There was no exclusive airing as that would require some

organisation on Warp's side, although to be fair, they perhaps didn't know that De:Bug

would play it out live. All promo's being sent out are watermarked.

hmmmmmmm :wtf: (i need a fresh set of ears)

LOL. I read that.

De:Bug played it as the guy who runs it is on Warp's promo mailing list. It's that simple.

As well as broadcasting, De:Bug is also a magazine and Warp probably sent it

for a review in that format. There was no exclusive airing as that would require some

organisation on Warp's side, although to be fair, they perhaps didn't know that De:Bug

would play it out live. All promo's being sent out are watermarked.

the de:bug bloke on the radio said on the show they received green light from warp in form of an sms.

Guest blakeboogie

Just had couple of listens and I'm really enjoying most of it so far even with the clipping/audio issues. I've listened to it on my headphones and a pair of KRK monitors and now looking forward to hearing it on vinyl. After the Quaristice gig in London I'm slightly dissapointed that none of that material has made it on to this record as there were a few melody driven tracks that blew me away when I went to that gig.

Highlights so far (in brief):

r ess and Yuop - Autechre always have superb openers and closers.

see on see - Their best beatless tune since VLetrmx21 for me.

Treale - Reminds me of the b-boy stuff from Envane.

d-sho qub - Superb track, great beats lovely change down into the last section, transition reminds me of Simmm.

redfall - Metallic melody on top of a lovely dark ambience.

Really looking forward to see what they come up with at the Birmingham set now as their live output is consistently superb, and if this is not Autechre I'll eat my hat.

It clips pretty bad in areas. Maybe THIS sounds tolerable b/c the source was so great (24bit?). If they recorded, however this promo was recorded, from say a 192kbps mp3, it may have sounded way worse. Just a theory...

I deliberately laid off in-depth comments due to the surprisingly large numbers of people reading this thread who were resolute in waiting until March.

I wouldn't hold back...the thread is called "initial reactions" so if anyone who is holding out doesn't want spoilers, they shouldn't be in this thread. I'm holding out but don't mind reading comments/spoilers because they are just other people's interpretations that I'm bound to hear differently anyway once I do play it.

Guest Archrival

This

"• when the track list/album title gets out, people will say its silly, stupid and not like the old ae

• quaristice and the surrounding outtakes and eps will move up a notch and will be held in a much higher regard and appreciated for how good they really are

• untilted can now move to its rightful place and be mentioned with draft and cornfield as pure ae gold."

And by the way, all this AE talk made me go back and listen to Quaristice and I liked it much more than before as always with AE.

Confield is maybe AEs best album and their masterpiece, and I hated it when I first heard it, took a long while to get into that one.

Just chill everyone and enjoy AE, be happy that they atleast release new material thats nice. You don't even know how hard it is for BOC fans these days ;) :P :D

And those who downloaded it and complain hard! shame on ya! :P Just by hearing two songs from the album on the German show I can tell they put their heart into this one.

can you give an example of where it clips? to me all the distortion sounds deliberate...

likewise, i don't hear much clipping at all. the file sounds pretty decent. why so concerned with repping (incessantly) for the quality of the album while disclaiming the file format? seems like a waste of energy

Guest blakeboogie

can you give an example of where it clips? to me all the distortion sounds deliberate...

likewise, i don't hear much clipping at all. the file sounds pretty decent. why so concerned with repping (incessantly) for the quality of the album while disclaiming the file format? seems like a waste of energy

Clipping is most evident in the last two tracks.

This

"• when the track list/album title gets out, people will say its silly, stupid and not like the old ae

• quaristice and the surrounding outtakes and eps will move up a notch and will be held in a much higher regard and appreciated for how good they really are

• untilted can now move to its rightful place and be mentioned with draft and cornfield as pure ae gold."

And by the way, all this AE talk made me go back and listen to Quaristice and I liked it much more than before as always with AE.

Confield is maybe AEs best album and their masterpiece, and I hated it when I first heard it, took a long while to get into that one.

Just chill everyone and enjoy AE, be happy that they atleast release new material thats nice. You don't even know how hard it is for BOC fans these days ;) :P :D

And those who downloaded it and complain hard! shame on ya! :P Just by hearing two songs from the album on the German show I can tell they put their heart into this one.

lol, thanks for giving me the quote props! heh :whistling:

Edited by jules

still seems like a trifling matter.

i don't know really… if you listen to Subrange 6-36, there is this repeating noisy sound which almost sounds like clipping distortion, when it is really just a sound. similar clicky broad frequency noisy stuff is present in Oversteps too throughout the album.

in krYlon it's just part of the synth's attack imo.

Edited by Guest