IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Wait, so I have to write a novel about it? Is it not possible to just say it's fake? So sorry that I don't fall immediately in love with a shitty sounding transcoded poop pile and write encyclopedia's dedicated to my undying passion for it.

you can have your opinion and you can of course write want you want, BUT: ignoring the fact the ilanders and see on see were played on sunday, and that these two fit perfectly into the leaked album makes you look like a retard. and besides that: who would make a fake that sounds like this anyway? Ae making an album based almost completely on FM-sounds? are you kidding me? fakers do stuff like that soulless and crappy altered carbon shit.

This, although lithgow is clearly just trolling

think about it this way , it would be a very poor decision to send out an unmastered promo copy

the people you send promo copies to are mostly taste makers and people who you think serve some importance in media or radio.

why would you as a label want to present a new disc by one of your most famous artists unmastered (which basically means unfinished) to a reviewer?

this is sometimes done in film with test screeners where special effects and music isn't finished yet but never with music

Guest Greg Reason
fakers do stuff like that soulless and crappy altered carbon shit.

I quite like that Altered Carbon record.... Using an ae release as a launchpad for your own music is a cheap thing to do but I still like that record.

Guest the anonymous forumite

it's only a new Autechre album

This is what I'm gonna be saying to myself next time they release one. It's been now 3 partially disappointing albums in a row so it's not gonna be "OMG!! A NEW AE ALBUM !!!!" anymore.

I found a version of the promo online that was separate VBR MP3s in a RAR file... has anyone else come across this? It's most likely split from the m4a, but I'm at work and can't really check it out right now.

ye, this is the .m4a file split into tracks, including double-ilanders and crossfades.

why would you as a label want to present a new disc by one of your most famous artists unmastered (which basically means unfinished) to a reviewer?

that is a good question. but you have to realize, that we don´t know how old the stuff is. i would think that this is an early version of the album, just look at the weird fades, double-ilanders etc. i´m pretty sure the official promo version isn´t like that.

thats what i thought back in 2005 but you have to realize that Watmm is still very relevent in terms of internet discussions on Autechre. When you typed Oversteps in google like 1 week ago Watmm popped up as the 2nd link down.

And for that time it proved to be REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Autechre should take some tips from Clark about how to make something sound very dirty and very very loud *runs*

:ohmy:

it isn't a bad thing

Don't get me wrong Forumite -- I'm as big an Ae fan boy as the next WATMM inadequate. But cats in here are straight up losing their minds.

thanks for using the word cats, it made me lol. i imagine you as some bro beatnick dude with a backwards visor smoking a hunter s thompson style cig filter

Edited by Awepittance

that is a good question. but you have to realize, that we don´t know how old the stuff is. i would think that this is an early version of the album, just look at the weird fades, double-ilanders etc. i´m pretty sure the official promo version isn´t like that.

What? I got the m4u file and ilanders was only 6:58. It certainly doesn't loop in the one I got and I know its the same one everyone else got.