IGNORED

Known (1)

Guest the anonymous forumite

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the tracks that most of you are mentioning as worse than Known(1)have actually a structure, a melody or at least something more than Known(1). Think about it.

All the tracks that most of you are mentioning as worse than Known(1)have actually a structure, a melody or at least something more than Known(1). Think about it.

...implying known(1) doesn't have a melody? WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS SONG THAT MAKES YOU SADPANDA??

ok fair enough, it has a melody, even melodieS and rhythm and shit, but man it's boring. These melodies are so lame. Sorry for the hate btw.

Guest bardamu

i like known(1)... very simple, but i like both the main melody and the screechy lead. why some people will appreciate a certain turn in a melody and others will be repelled by it has always fascinated me. the cipher of taste...

i do agree its a little long though; don't really care for how it develops&ends in the last minute. i can see myself becoming bored of it one day, as its so straightforward.

It's not that known(1) is just an another Ae's average discharge...(93% of theirs opus is brilliant IMO).

>>>>>>>This track contains every single element that one clever and inventive composer is trying to avoid while making melodic track.

Now, we know that Rob & Sean are like that so this shity unkreative track must be deliberately

put on the album. Why? Am i missing something??? ...and it doesn't fit to the album at all!

p.s. Rob & Sean must remember that they are not RDJ. He can make track like Backdoor.Ranky.S and still remain to be clever and inventive. BTW...that track is a million times better than known(1)...(IMO of course)

EDIT: Backdoor.Ranky.S - Analord 11

Is known(1) really that bad? Because, you know, I've heard chenc9-1dub...

i L O V E chenc9-1dub. might be favorite from the quaristice era stuff, actually.

i've only listened to the samples on norman records site, and known(1) didn't sound terrible to me. honestly, the samples as a whole didn't give me much confidence in this record, but i'll prolly end up loving at least some of the tracks once i get it, i always do with any autechre release.

i'm curious if they'll be doing any quadrange-type stuff with this album, some re-interpretations or what have you. the process from what i've read wasn't the 'jam' style they did for quaristice so maybe not, but the digital releases/versions thing was quite interesting to me and i'm sure to many others.

anyway, the original point- it's all opinion. all opinion. all.

It just sounds like someone messing up a bagpipe chorus in a medievil castle. :facepalm:

Hoping my bleep 24khz wav will decode it into some sort of hiphop jam, but not holding much hope.

see on see is :mcgriff: though.

i'm curious if they'll be doing any quadrange-type stuff with this album,

Ya like...Known(6-36)subrange :facepalm:

Lol. That's DEFINITELY going to happen. :trashbear:

'0=O=0=O=0=O=0=O=0=O=0=O=0=0 (mons)' is also likely to rear its ugly head.

I think I remember them playing some stuff from various Coil sideprojects during the marathon DJ set on autechre.ws and xltronic a few years back, might have been Nurse With Wound or zoviet* france or someone else like that. Though it seems like they 'should' be into them.

That, and in an interview from was it Tri Repetae or Chiastic slide, when they were asked what their favorite album was that they were listening to at the time, it was Coil: Love's Secret Domain

Actually, I thought their Coil influence came out a lot in quaristice, which appeals to me :)

This track contains every single element that one clever and inventive composer is trying to avoid while making melodic track.

i'd like to hear some more specifics on what elements you're talking about here.

i find known(1) to be one of my favourites from oversteps, and part of it is that it actually HAS a melodic structure that doesn't necessarily feel like it was created by KOAN (although the synth 'melody' over the top of it kinda does...)

so what elements of it should inventive composers be avoiding? i'm extra curious because a lot of my music has similar melodic ideas to this particular track...

It's a schlager muzik! ...enough said.

great. thanks for clarifying.

Are you serious? ...clever and inventive are the key words.

There is nothing inventive in that track and i can't see any of the 160 IQ marks on it.

So it must be a schlager!

i have to say, if i got the wrong leak i would be very, very fucking happy. i've been disappointed all day. not to break the rules but where can i hear the correct leak? don't post it here or tell me where to go or pm me but speak in code

disappointed as in i can't even listen through this and i consider myself an autechre die hard

Guest Balance

After initially being terrified of the high-pitched sounds I really like it now, although I was a bit embarrassed and scared that people may be able to hear it through my earphones on the bus.

How could you not enjoy the guitar melody though, it's nice and relaxing.

Archived