IGNORED

Known (1)

Guest the anonymous forumite

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this track reminds me of chillin on the coast of okinawa with a guitar and then some bees are like "hey man lets hang i like this guitar part" and then the bees are dancing around with the guitar part, flying around like bees like to fly around. then you're like, "listen to this shit, bees" and the bees rest for a little while as you continue playing your guitar. from the beginning, you have hired a native to continuously detune your guitar strings within absurdly strict parameters, when you notice the native is actually pro football player troy polamalu. the bees are then fully rested and they continue to dance, one of them even pulls off some sick breakdancing. you continue playing guitar, mr. polomalu asks you if you'd like a margarita. you respectfully decline. the bees are resting again to recuperate. they chat briefly about the local flowers, then jig their final jig. you finally accept the margarita from last years super bowl champion and take a well deserved nap.

Super LOL

I dunno, I like known(1). Kind of has a similar feel to track 7 of Bogdan Raczynski's Samurai Math Beats with some Ceephax medieval programming a la Exidy Tours. Mellow, plucky strings aren't a bad thing.

About 1/4 of the way through:

Audio of referenced Bogdan Track

was actually really digging known1, more than i thought i would. seemed kind of cheesy at first but i dunno, grew on me after i'd say 5 listens.

Anyone who is upset with the sound pallet here should listen to Simmm again. The types of sounds used for the synth sound quite similar. Also, I find there's TONS of depth to the album on the 24 bit wavs/320kb mp3s. I can't reeeeally hear the difference between the mp3's and wavs but the difference between the promo rips and the official release is very noticeable. To anyone who can't quite figure out what the difference is, I would describe it as sounding much wider and richer.

The only bad thing with the higher quality is that it has ruined krYlon a bit for me. I didn't hear all those annoying harsh clicks in the synth parts before! But Known (1) does sound much better. In fact, it has...gasp...grown on me quite a bit.

Deary me! Him?

I suppose I could go away. I'm just being slightly nerdish and a a teeny bit more critical about the album... I thought that was allowed? :-(

Obviously I love Autechre, and this album is a lot more interesting than many other musical things.

Guest nsixqatsi

I just got and am listening to Oversteps for the first time

i just heard known(1)

i made many multiple spontaneous lurching jutting forward movements because i felt like i was cumming. hard.

that's what i think of known(1)

teethy

Deary me! Him?

I suppose I could go away. I'm just being slightly nerdish and a a teeny bit more critical about the album... I thought that was allowed? :-(

Obviously I love Autechre, and this album is a lot more interesting than many other musical things.

Na, I'm just kidding. You're alright.

Archived