IGNORED

bands that are mega hyped

Alzado

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I got into Animal Collective just before they got mega hyped. Before people started calling them... *sigh* Anco. I think because of that I sort of perceive them differently, I don't think of them as the best band ever, just my personal favourite.

I will have to agree with Arcade Fire. Every now and again I'll hear a little bit of something that I really really like (like the trailer for Where the Wild Things Are) but then I give them a good try again and I just find it boring.

Atlas Sound/Deerhunter I sort of liked for a little while, got sick of it really quickly, I couldn't find myself listening to any of it more than once.

Beach House for me too.

Phoenix

Air

phoenix have made some decent tunes, and how can one not love pretty much everything air's ever released? they're one of the very few groups i love as much today as 10+ years ago, not one single crap album imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYHfnW1xvCY

(ignore lame ass video)

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Battles

Björk

2nd Bibio album

Bogdan Raczynski

non-ambient Brian Eno works

Cabaret Voltaire

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Grizzly Bear

Radiohead

Philip Glass

The Knife. I haven't heard much of Fever Ray - but here in Sweden she's meeega hyped!

I bought a 12" record the other week. And just after i paid for it the owner of the shop said that it was a side project by the other half (the guy) of The Knife! I wanted to return it

but i actually think the record was pretty ok.

While I quite like a lot of it, sometimes I feel dirty listening to DFA stuff (LCD, Hot Chip, etc.). Seems like every hipster spooges their skinny jeans when something comes out from them.

Oh yeah and I don't get any of soulwax and girl talk indie hipster meets paris hilton mashup wank either, as well as electroclash or whatever that shit was that preceded it

Werd. Damn hipster trash.

mike patton

:beer:

Tool also.

I like both. I admit some people hype them too much though, and they have some stupid fans.

i used to like tool, but i've discovered so many bands in the last 5 or so years that are much better and less pretentious - i find most post-metal stuff more enjoyable than tool.

mike patton

:beer:

Tool also.

I like both. I admit some people hype them too much though, and they have some stupid fans.

i used to like tool, but i've discovered so many bands in the last 5 or so years that are much better and less pretentious - i find most post-metal stuff more enjoyable than tool.

i don't think a lot of adam jones' guitar playing but maynard james keenan and danny carey are worth all the post-metal that i've heard so far

Neon Indian.

It's very, very meh AND just seems to be following the Deerhunter/Animal Collective/Wavves (who I don't like either) bandwagon. And there are so many better artists than that guy from Texas.

Deerhunter.

Atlas sound/Deerhunter is a lot better than similar groups.

What Clash I've heard doesn't do it for me either. :shrug:

Straight to hell is excellent. Fuck M.I.A.

am i the only fucking person who hates the shit out of ween?

That "homo rainbow" song is hilarious. They're kind of like a 90s Grateful Dead, diehard fans for no apparent reason.

Ting Tings Tokio Hotel Cobra Starship Owl City LMFAO

Playlist in hell.

liars (what's the point of having two drummers when they just bash floor toms over and over for the whole song?)

They were very mediocre live. Need to listen to their albums though.

the XX

Yes, WTF!? I like them but my god why are they considered so good? It's nothing new.

mike patton

Terrance and Phillip of metal.

While I quite like a lot of it, sometimes I feel dirty listening to DFA stuff (LCD, Hot Chip, etc.). Seems like every hipster spooges their skinny jeans when something comes out from them.

It's postmodern, disco-esque, 303 lacking, LGBT-friendly-but-not-LGBT-driven, dance-punk that pitchforkmedia loves. That's why.

Anything without a 303

fixt

Yes.

All this acid nonsense annoys me. In fact, add Luke Vibert to my list, I haven't heard anything by him that I've liked (to be honest I haven't heard much tho) but mainly cos I blame him for the acid revival (I might be wrong but it sure seemed like it was him that started it).

Also I agree with whoever said The Knife. They do some awesome songs but then I heard Silent Shout and the songs that were bad made the ones I used to like sound bad. I was sad.

Anything without a 303

fixt

Yes.

All this acid nonsense annoys me. In fact, add Luke Vibert to my list, I haven't heard anything by him that I've liked (to be honest I haven't heard much tho) but mainly cos I blame him for the acid revival (I might be wrong but it sure seemed like it was him that started it).

Also I agree with whoever said The Knife. They do some awesome songs but then I heard Silent Shout and the songs that were bad made the ones I used to like sound bad. I was sad.

i have never really liked luke vibert either beyond some of yoseph and plug (but not much in either case)

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

some of his wagon christ releases are awesome though.

care to name a few?

deerhunter was terrible live. i went outside the venue while they played and returned for dan deacon (now there's a performer).

what i guess i'm trying to say is that deerhunter is overrated and atlas sound makes me sick.

some of his wagon christ releases are awesome though.

care to name a few?

I was about to ask the same thing. I've tried some and been disappointed. There are some I like of course, but Tool is Tool...I've liked them since 93, they'll always mean something to me. Even if a band is better, let's say, they're still not going to replace Tool for me.

Archived