IGNORED

Oversteps - US Physical release

gl0tch

Guest HWNDarkside

If it's any consolation I paid for both the vinyl and the CD on the day they announced the pre-order. I paid premium price through Bleep.

Both the CD and the vinyl are now avaiable cheaper elsewhere.

I haven't received either. Bleep told me to wait 14 days.

Fuck them. I paid 6 weeks in advance, the least they can do is ensure I/we got our copies on release date.

Shocking customer service, in fact, I think I might phone them now and give them some shit.

Wankers.

</rant>

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's any consolation I paid for both the vinyl and the CD on the day they announced the pre-order. I paid premium price through Bleep.

Both the CD and the vinyl are now avaiable cheaper elsewhere.

I haven't received either. Bleep told me to wait 14 days.

Fuck them. I paid 6 weeks in advance, the least they can do is ensure I/we got our copies on release date.

Shocking customer service, in fact, I think I might phone them now and give them some shit.

Wankers.

</rant>

lol how is that shocking customer service? that's standard stuff. no-one forced you to order through Bleep, the problem could be with Royal Fail for all you know.

my experiences with Bleep, when there has been a problem, has always been positive.

Arrived in the office today and my copy was there waiting for me. That and the fact that I have two more days before my first week off in a almost a year and it is shaping up to be a good day!

Guest HWNDarkside
how is that shocking customer service?

Because they can't even tell me when they posted it. And I want it now :angry: :biggrin:

I rarely pre-order anything - but when I have I've always received it before/on the day of release. What's the point paying in advance when I could pop down to HMV and buy it now?

No, I didn't have to use bleep - I was obviously wrong to expect the company responsible for releasing the record to cope with a pre-order

God bless boomkat :biggrin:

Guest theSun

i think this is part of the reason why the released the wavs so early.

i don't know what you people waiting for the CD expect, is the music better if you can hold a physical copy?

Guest HWNDarkside
is the music better if you can hold a physical copy?

CD, no, couldn't give a toss

Vinyl...mmmmmm....definately :yeah:

Guest Enter a new display name

My copy arrived this morning. Oh well... Goodbye, "where's my copy?" thread.

I haven't got my CD yet... Warpmart orders used to take 4 days to arrive. Aaah, good times... My Bleep order has had its status changed to "despatched" since I don't know when.

OH SHIT, THEY KILLED YOUR CD!

Guest Enter a new display name

I haven't got my CD yet... Warpmart orders used to take 4 days to arrive. Aaah, good times... My Bleep order has had its status changed to "despatched" since I don't know when.

OH SHIT, THEY KILLED YOUR CD!

lol, read my post above.

I'm in Canada but I figure we're close enough that it's fine to post in this thread.

DM, Mar 25 17:53 (GMT):

Hi Dan,

This has been shipped and should be with you very soon. It was sent last Monday, but please allow up to 28 days for delivery.

Kind regards

Bleep Support

lol what? 28 days???

I'm in Canada but I figure we're close enough that it's fine to post in this thread.

DM, Mar 25 17:53 (GMT):

Hi Dan,

This has been shipped and should be with you very soon. It was sent last Monday, but please allow up to 28 days for delivery.

Kind regards

Bleep Support

lol what? 28 days???

yep because it has to go through multiple postal services. Royal Mail is terrible. no idea what the post service is like over there, but if it's anything like over here, you're in trouble!

I can understand the frustration with not having it on release day. I personally don't care right now because we got the MP3s/WAVs ahead of time, but if we hadn't, it would suck.

I mean, we pre-order, pay more than what it ends up costing at many stores once it's out, and we can't get it in the mail at the same time that record stores do? The stores obviously get their copies ahead of time, maybe by the weekend before release, so that they can have the product on the shelves by opening time on release day. Some even hold midnight sales if the artist is popular enough. So why can't a pre-order get to us at the same time? I guess because we are consumers versus retailers and they don't want us having it before release day (we might leak it! lol). But for a store it's ok because they're not allowed to sell prior to release day. I guess I sort of answered my own question, but it still seems a bit ridiculous. They could mail that shit out the Friday before or something, most people wouldn't get it till the Mon/Tues release day. And getting it a few days in advance should be an acceptable "bonus" for people that pre-order something, IMO.

Still, they're wankers! At least for not offering us a better price on the pre-orders. My local independent shops have it for $10.99 and $11.99...no shipping of course.

Like I said, I don't care because I've been enjoying the WAVs...it's just a matter of principle.

I can understand the frustration with not having it on release day. I personally don't care right now because we got the MP3s/WAVs ahead of time, but if we hadn't, it would suck.

I mean, we pre-order, pay more than what it ends up costing at many stores once it's out, and we can't get it in the mail at the same time that record stores do? The stores obviously get their copies ahead of time, maybe by the weekend before release, so that they can have the product on the shelves by opening time on release day. Some even hold midnight sales if the artist is popular enough. So why can't a pre-order get to us at the same time? I guess because we are consumers versus retailers and they don't want us having it before release day (we might leak it! lol). But for a store it's ok because they're not allowed to sell prior to release day. I guess I sort of answered my own question, but it still seems a bit ridiculous. They could mail that shit out the Friday before or something, most people wouldn't get it till the Mon/Tues release day. And getting it a few days in advance should be an acceptable "bonus" for people that pre-order something, IMO.

Still, they're wankers! At least for not offering us a better price on the pre-orders. My local independent shops have it for $10.99 and $11.99...no shipping of course.

Like I said, I don't care because I've been enjoying the WAVs...it's just a matter of principle.

you're not taking into account the postal service. when stores get their stock, it's not delivered by the local postal service. it's delivered in a truck by some sort of courier or carrier.

Got mine today and was super excited for a few mins, but then just put it on my shelf and went on with my day... The whole leak & digital download thing kinda ruins the whole experience of getting an actual physical release. But it's sooo hard to hold out :(

anyways, nice simple packaging.

Got mine today and was super excited for a few mins, but then just put it on my shelf and went on with my day... The whole leak & digital download thing kinda ruins the whole experience of getting an actual physical release. But it's sooo hard to hold out :(

anyways, nice simple packaging.

pretty much this exactly. i did take out the poster, but haven't done anything with it. mine came yesterday, but just got around to picking it up today.

Send me a PM when you get yours cause we're both in Seattle. I was really expecting mine today, and I guess it could still come cause its 4 PM, but my god $65 down the drain when I could have just walked down the street and paid $15 or whatever :facepalm:

Also, PM me about that music vid collab, I finally got a computer and camera, so we should get moving on a project of some kind!

Send me a PM when you get yours cause we're both in Seattle. I was really expecting mine today, and I guess it could still come cause its 4 PM, but my god $65 down the drain when I could have just walked down the street and paid $15 or whatever :facepalm:

Also, PM me about that music vid collab, I finally got a computer and camera, so we should get moving on a project of some kind!

I don't understand why I got it before both of you and I'm only two-three hours south of you.

I don't understand why I got it before both of you and I'm only two-three hours south of you.

Yeah thats why I expected it today, if it doesn't come tomorrow before the weekend, there will be blood! :diablo:

you're not taking into account the postal service. when stores get their stock, it's not delivered by the local postal service. it's delivered in a truck by some sort of courier or carrier.

You're right, I didn't consider that. But I still stand by my feelings on the matter. :closedeyes:

wtf wheres my oversteps! blasted royal fail...sidewinder does platinum have it or what

I was about to ask you what Platinum was, but I looked it up. I've never been there actually, only walked past it.

Yeah I'll let you know if I get it...won't be home for another hour and a half-ish. And yeah we should get talking about a collab too, though work is crazy and I've got my mom visiting for a week and a half starting Saturday...life just won't slow down. :mellow:

Sucks about paying $65 for the vinyl! :wtf: It's about $35 at Easy Street and Sonic Boom.

And someone in B.C. said they got it yesterday, too. Anyway I'm still not home...so we'll see.

Yeah I'll let you know if I get it...won't be home for another hour and a half-ish. And yeah we should get talking about a collab too, though work is crazy and I've got my mom visiting for a week and a half starting Saturday...life just won't slow down. :mellow:

Sucks about paying $65 for the vinyl! :wtf: It's about $35 at Easy Street and Sonic Boom.

I've actually been really busy as of late as well, but I feel the spring might slow things down a bit and I can get back to working on my own stuff, ill be posting a new music video for an aleksi perela song (unofficial) shortly, ill send you a link. hope you find oversteps when you get home, no luck for me today it seems

Oversteps has arrived! :yeah:

I like the packaging, I was expecting some basic digipak but it's nicer. I almost feel like leaving it sealed since I don't need to rip it, lol.

Looking forward to your Aleksi Perala video! :beer:

No sign of it yet in Spokane, but most things suck a bit more than average here so it's no surprise.

lol yeah i'd have to agree with that, but i feel for ya buddy

Archived