IGNORED

Oversteps - US Physical release

gl0tch

too complicated to explain but for now they're mainly just trying to sign every up and coming new wonky artist so that in some sense they 'own' that scene. kind of like when they were a big part of bleep house back in the day. It's interesting to watch it take place and it's definitely putting them back on the map again for being an important electronic label apart from the 'big 3'

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theSun

they're signing all the acts in SF? quick someone tell vamos

also, it might not be that expensive to sign all these noname acts just to find a few ones they can really market.

i don't know anything about the record business though so i probably sound like i don't know anything about the record business.

Guest Enter a new display name

Still havent received mine yet. Starting to get pissed. WIll never preorder anything from them again.

Bleep figured you made those fakes and they are punishing you.

still waiting for it here in Mexico

today I received other stuff, a patch from LA and a cd from Sweden, the first was sent the 15th and the other the 17th, the envelope of the cd had marked to be received the friday but until today it was delivered

in Mexico there is Semana Santa this week so some people will not work from wednesday to saturday, damn, probably I will get it until next week!

30wv0oy.jpg

got mine two days ago. at first disappointed at lack of actual plastic cd case (for continuities sake)

yeah sadly enough that bothered me for a second too

All digipaks bother me. I've come to expect them, but I still don't like them (simply because their size/shape varies making storage annoying, and they get damaged easily).

It came today, despite any actual State listed in the US mail code. That explains a lot. Weird.

Anyways, is it me or does it sound better than the wav files. Is that possible?

I said that earlier, too. Could just be I'm playing off the cd player as opposed to the laptop, though (through the same headphones.) I'm not sure it's 'better', but it's definitely different!

It came today, despite any actual State listed in the US mail code. That explains a lot. Weird.

Anyways, is it me or does it sound better than the wav files. Is that possible?

I said that earlier, too. Could just be I'm playing off the cd player as opposed to the laptop, though (through the same headphones.) I'm not sure it's 'better', but it's definitely different!

It's actually a bit paradoxical that it sounds better, since even modern-day hardware players still use the same PCM rendering routines that go back to the days of Redbook audio standard development, which actually dither the final 4 bits of each sample, or in the worse case, even fully truncate them! Perceptually this has a euphonic effect, whereby the quatization produces noise, which although below the noise floor (normalized to -89 dB) has been shown to invoke a sense of warmth and crispness of attack - particularly in sharp transients of the waveform.

If you really want to maximize the Oversteps cd experience, definitely get yourself a rig with a decent optical drive (plextors are a good place to start) & run raw PCM via optical outs to an offboard DAC with realtime upsampling (see my initial thoughts on the subject here).

Archived