IGNORED

Best Video Game Of This Generation?

Guest PWSTEAL

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird. It's not more than a couple of days ago I was thinking about this very question while making coffee. There have been so many great games over the last couple of years, but there are four games that I've been playing more than any other and those are: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fable 2, and GTAIV, and I think GTAIV takes the crown because it's the only game you would want to play while your friends are over. I once played it for 10 hours straight with a friend of mine. We didn't really complete any missions. We just fucked around and came up with ideas that we had to try out - such as jumping out of a helicopter and see if we could land on top of a car on Time Square. I think it took us a couple of hours until we succeeded but when we finally managed to get Nico Bellic to destroy completely we high fived and came up with a new way to kill him - and others, of course.

Notable Mentions:

Alan Wake

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Portal

Half-Life2

Dead Space

Fallout 3

Fable 2

Oblivion

Mass Effect 2

BioShock

Dead Space

Guest EDGEY

disgusting lack of Half Life 2 in this thread

that's my vote

I thought this was only console games...

Of course then yeh.. Half-life 2.

Nothing special:

- Half-Life 2 because that E3 video in 2003 gave me the biggest gaming boner I've ever had.

- Fallout 3 for scope and ambition.

- GTA IV, awesome in so many ways.

Honorable mentions: Bioshock, DeadSpace, Football Manager, Portal.

Guest chunky

mother 3 japanese version

gta iv (only cops and crooks multiplayer, everything else shit)

metal gear solid 4 (despite loading times, stupid cut scenes, basically loads of things get in the way of you playing the fucking game)

metal gear online (amazing levels/gameplay BUT too limited in what abilities your character can use)

For me:

Shadow complex

Fallout 3

Mass effect

Bioshock

I'm really behind on my games, I suspect Alan Wake, ME2, Assasins Creed 2 will make it on there eventually.

This generation meaning PS3/Wii/Xbox 360?

For me, Skate, Mirrors Edge and -first half of + final boss of- Portal. That's about it. A lot of the games people tend to mention depressed the fuck out of me, but heh..There's been very few games that when I first played them it was like playing something from the future. Those 3 did that. I've not played Nobi Nobi Boy.

Archived