IGNORED

Inception - Chris Nolan + Leo DiCaprio = best movie of the summer?

Rubin Farr

lol but seriously guys i need some video or text proof. got into a huge argument with my friend. I thought they explained that when juno got real pissed at leo being all like "hey man that wasn't cool you bringing that train in hurr," but i could be wrong.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

lol but seriously guys i need some video or text proof. got into a huge argument with my friend. I thought they explained that when juno got real pissed at leo being all like "hey man that wasn't cool you bringing that train in hurr," but i could be wrong.

Not that it makes any difference to the overall shit quotient of the movie, but yes, it was Cobb's fault. His exotic piece of ass, Mal, was haunting his infantile, machine gun-filled dreams.

Guest Jackson Michaels

I finally got to see it last night. It was a pretty entertaining movie. Not very good, but not very bad either.

And depth? What depth? Compared to some Ben Affleck movie it's probably deep as fuck. But really now, the story isn't all that good.

At times it reminded me of a video game. I suppose the kids love that.

"Dude, did you see that? There's not two, but three levels of dreaming. OMG"

The South Park episode was really good, they totally nailed the weak action in Inception and the dramatic music lol.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e10-insheeption

Ha I should have known they were gonna make an episode about it, I'm so looking forward to watching it :smile:

That episode was fucking hilarious, and I enjoyed Inception.

At times it reminded me of a video game. I suppose the kids love that.

yea, especially the snow scene. reminded me of goldeneye a lot. i bet they make this a video game.

"Dude, did you see that? There's not two, but three levels of dreaming. OMG"

it was like 5 levels duuuuude.

To be fair to Mr. Affleck, he did actually co-write Good Will Hunting.

Still, I think you get my point.

yea i am calling bs on that. there is no way those two wrote that movie. what have they written before and since? nothing. it was bs to get buzz and an oscar. and it worked.

my understanding was when Leo finally convinced Mal to leave their dream world (before she committed suicide in the "real" world), they snapped themselves out of limbo by putting their heads on a train track together. What a weird way to go, seems terrifying, but oh-so-cinematic. Hence the reason why trains keep popping up in Leo's dreams (during the elevator sequence, car chase...)

Guest tht tne

phantoms like a mufucker

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it for the second time.

I now think the story is very straightforward and ends with Cobb stuck in limbo.

You never see him rescue Saito and the top doesn't stop.

Also, at the end, the dreamlike camerawork suggests that he is in a dream.

It's also just too happy of an ending.

The odds were pretty bad. He just let Mol talk him into some stupid ass shit.

Good times.

yea i am calling bs on that. there is no way those two wrote that movie. what have they written before and since? nothing. it was bs to get buzz and an oscar. and it worked.

I dunno, Ben Affleck directed "gone baby gone" and I thought that was pretty decent. And apparently he did the screenplay for it too (according to imdb). So it's entirely possible.

Just watched it for the second time.

I now think the story is very straightforward and ends with Cobb stuck in limbo.

You never see him rescue Saito and the top doesn't stop.

Also, at the end, the dreamlike camerawork suggests that he is in a dream.

It's also just too happy of an ending.

The odds were pretty bad. He just let Mol talk him into some stupid ass shit.

Good times.

they way the movie is made, it doesn't even matter.

wow that South Park episode was extremely bad, sometimes when they just do these weird paint by numbers total parodies it amounts to near zero laughs. I haven't seen a South Park that cringe worthy since perhaps the Oprah vag vs ass conversation episode. the guys really shit these episodes out *fast* sometimes

damn, that was perfect. ok , yea so i was a little harsh, the media just tires me with how things are hyped.

lol watmm is just a bunch of faggots. hollywood movies aren't always bad. and fucking shame on you for critiquing a movie you haven't even seen. wtf.

• 2 weeks later...

just watched the first 10 or so minutes. breaks many of the basic rules of story telling, well the ones that matter. And then i persevered ...

I don't think that this film will be remembered, and if it is, not fondly. The editing is atrocious, perhaps the plot mattered but that was lost on the editing floor.

it's all pretty obvious from the get go btw, well unless you're neanderthal dumb or a fuckwit stoner.

btw .. you would hate watching films with me, i used to have a cinephile mate, and i'd pick key plot points and point out the film direction before anything had happened like a psychic, for anyone that wasn't attuned to the bloody obvious.

so i'll repeat, hollywood is mostly rubbish, and i go to films to be entertained not 'illuminated'. Get that right and you won't endure my ire.

just watched the first 10 or so minutes. breaks many of the basic rules of story telling, well the ones that matter. And then i persevered ...

I don't think that this film will be remembered, and if it is, not fondly. The editing is atrocious, perhaps the plot mattered but that was lost on the editing floor.

it's all pretty obvious from the get go btw, well unless you're neanderthal dumb or a fuckwit stoner.

am i only one of them or both?

Guest mafted

damn, that was perfect. ok , yea so i was a little harsh, the media just tires me with how things are hyped.

lol watmm is just a bunch of faggots. hollywood movies aren't always bad. and fucking shame on you for critiquing a movie you haven't even seen. wtf.

sorry, fag, i had definitely seen the movie upon agreeing with said hilarious video. bugger off, putz.

upon seeing this movie a second time it is definitely over rated..

i think part of why its enjoyable the first time is that your brain is trying to piece together the plot as it goes and youre thinking about what all these rules mean and how they are playing out the way they are... but the second time there is none of that, so its just a really boring action movie.

Archived